AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After Aquaman I will consider any DCEU reboot talk as troll behavior. If Wonder Woman and Aquaman became huge box office hits after being part of BVS and JL, there's no reason why the other actors can't continue their storyline.

Maybe they don’t want to. 

• Like 1

Curious to see how the studios will handle scheduling movies around WW84. The only movies that are currently in June 2020 is an untitled Pixar film on June 19 and Top Gun: Maverick at the end of the month (I'm not counting that Fox/Marvel movie since that likely won't be a thing after Disney takes over). 

Edited by MrGamer

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After Aquaman I will consider any DCEU reboot talk as troll behavior. If Wonder Woman and Aquaman became huge box office hits after being part of BVS and JL, there's no reason why the other actors can't continue their storyline. 

The same people who hated Aquaman since the first trailer (the red wig was apparently a crime against humanity, also Mary Poppins had more hype) are just dealing with the current box office situation as well as they can.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe they don’t want to. 

The actors are contractually obligated to stay

y0TF7Ys.gif

(I wasn't considering that, but that's something every franchise is exposed to, what I mean is there's no reason why WB would feel the need to reboot, as BVS and JL didn't "ruin" any of those characters which is what people claimed when they said the DCEU was dead)

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Are you insinuating that the actors don't like being a part of the universe and movies? 🤔

Ben Affleck doesn’t seem happy, period. For a variety of reasons, of course. Why force him to return? 

Slavish dedication to actor continuity is way overrated, I think. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

But they don’t have to like it

Shut up with your logic Tele. They shall be forced to continue until we can see their dead soul in their eyes like we did with the Divergent cast in Allegiant.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Shut up with your logic Tele. They shall be forced to continue until we can see their dead soul in their eyes like we did with the Divergent cast in Allegiant.

Do you think Cavill dreams of a MAN FROM

UNCLE sequel instead? He’d be with dreamy Armie Hammer again. 

12 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I'm not counting that Fox/Marvel movie since that likely won't be a thing after Disney takes over). 

Not sure as MCU only has ony 2 dates in 2020 any-more

3rd title - if they stay with 3 title / year - can theoretically be something Spidey in MCU like, but I do not think so.

The 2 other Sony-Marvel titles I doubt for now will be MCU titles.

Not sure if already a Fox character based film (might someone not seen before) or e.g. something MCU related, a story that allows the addition / gives explanation for / of ?????

If it is even as early possible with I guess the lots and lots of reshuffling they will probably need to do behind the scene

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Ben Affleck doesn’t seem happy, period. For a variety of reasons, of course. Why force him to return?  

Maybe he wants to return. Maybe it has already been decided to recast the role. Why speculate about things we know nothing about?