AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Seeing it first thing on Friday.

Expectations set on minimum.

If it STILL disappoints, and I have to bash its head in when I come back home from the cinema - it is not the Shay's fault.

PS: I would recommend everyone wait for the objective Shay review, before blind-jumping and buying a ticket. For all we know, this might very well be Netflix material.

8 hours ago, The Panda said:

I'm also wondering if critics are being slightly harder on it, simply because it's following Inside Out.

I doubt. Plenty of posters who already saw the movie said it wasn't great, more aimed to kids than the usual. In other words, it's simpler than the average Pixar.

I think we have to accept it's not great, without making up excuses for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

It's smart in surprising ways, daring in a few minor ones, moving in the right ones. It's also no Ratatouille or The Incredibles, but what is? - Village Voice

pretty much every Pixar film before Toy Story 3 + IO?

Edited by Goffe

Still at 83% with 30 reviews in.

Maybe not a great movie but the reviews do seem a little harsh due to it being Pixar and the follow up to IO (as we all expected), and anyways they still most say it is a pretty enjoyable film. In the end not every movie can be a masterpiece and if at the end of a movie I feel that that was time well passed and enjoyed, that is enough for me, even though I too harbour higher expectations for Pixar.

Edited by Infernus