AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Just now, The Panda said:

I'm not huge on the Croods or Ice Age, but The Good Dinosaur is miles better than those three Pixar movies.  

Oh I definitely think it's better than The Croods or Ice Age, as well as a completely different film, I just felt critics were harsh on both of those as well. Which I find interesting since all three do share that primitive man interacting with prehistoric creatures theme. Thankfully, Ice Age and The Croods both had fantastic WOM, so hopefully TGD will have that in common with them as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

TGD vs Tangled?

Is that a good comparison in terms of boxoffice? Both movies were also delayed too.

A run similar to Tangled is probably the best case scenario for TGD now. And I have faith it can do that. I am really counting on it being one of the top choices for SW sell out overflows next month, so I am hoping it is one movie SW actually helps not hurts. 

Edited by MovieMan89

The Shay saw this Direct to DVD Disney kiddie flick yesterday.

Did he regret paying the full 3D opening night price? Yes, he did. (But the Shay is rich and doesn't care much.)

PS: I seriously don't know why Pixar are still trying. It only gets worse and worse.

Here's a great idea!!

1. Pixar officially stops making movies, due to "creative impotence".

2. They donate all their capital to Dreamworks Animation, who can make better use of it.

3. Everybody wins!!!

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oh I definitely think it's better than The Croods or Ice Age, as well as a completely different film, I just felt critics were harsh on both of those as well. Which I find interesting since all three do share that primitive man interacting with prehistoric creatures theme. Thankfully, Ice Age and The Croods both had fantastic WOM, so hopefully TGD will have that in common with them as well. 

No fucking way. The Croods was a brilliant fantasy movie, full of colours, action and humour. Ice Age was a cult franchise starter.

The Good-ish Dinosaur is a very, very slow and boring flick with a despicable main character. People will die from boredom or rush to the exit. Kids too. Fail.

16 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The fact that it is below MU, Brave, and Cars on RT in average rating is legitimately frustrating me. There is simply no objective way it isn't better than those. Critics are absolutely being harsh for whatever reason.  It is interesting too, because critics were also unfairly harsh on Ice Age and The Croods, which I thought both deserved significantly better reviews. I am beginning to think they have some sort of weird vendetta against animated films with this kind of theme. 

Critics generally value story above visuals. TGD, Croods and Ice Age (well, its sequels) all coincidentally have major story flaws. MU, Brave and Cars may have similar problems with a boring story, but unlike Cars 2 and TGD, they at least resolve them in a pseudo-satisifying way. 

2 hours ago, DAR said:

How's Sanjay's Super Team?

It's a cute little short, definitely overhyped a bit but nevertheless good.

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

The Shay saw this Direct to DVD Disney kiddie flick yesterday.

Did he regret paying the full 3D opening night price? Yes, he did. (But the Shay is rich and doesn't care much.)

PS: I seriously don't know why Pixar are still trying. It only gets worse and worse.

Here's a great idea!!

1. Pixar officially stops making movies, due to "creative impotence".

2. They donate all their capital to Dreamworks Animation, who can make better use of it.

3. Everybody wins!!!

You are hands down the most humble being on this planet, the heavens and the underworld. Try being cocky sometimes for a change.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2015, 11:25:02, The Futurist said:
7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

You are hands down the most humble being on this planet, the heavens and the underworld. Try being cocky sometimes for a change.

There is a very specific reason why Pixar movies are so expensive.

Subtlety and Shay don't tend to mix well together.

• Like 1