Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

I think a conservative or reasonable prediction would look like:

Wed - $15M

Thursday- $10M

Friday - $25M

Sat - $25M

Sun - $20M

3-day: $70M

5-day: $95M

I personally would like it to gross more than $100M in the 5-day window but we shall see if Cruise goodwill with TGM will come into effect and break MI7 out of the apparent MI franchise ceiling.

18 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

No way it's gonna have an OD half what Fast X did. Wednesday it will do 25m minimum.

But thats a Friday for Fast X with Thursday previews included. I hope I'm wrong, but in just basing this off previous MI titles. I get there could be a boost from TGM and Cruise goodwill but I'm just going off of previous data that we have.

Edited by Austin

3 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It's a Wedesday but in the middle of the summer. It also going to have previews.

Hey, I hope it performs higher than I estimate. I also just started following BO stuff right around John Wick 4 so I am not the most knowledgeable in this field, but I think I've picked up on trends with films and have learned how to comp with other films decently within this timeframe.

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

$290M budget. Yikes. That's not counting prints and advertising.

It'll get to the break-even point but Paramount will surely be on pins and needles. 

I'm sure MI8 will have a reasonable budget since they shot it back to back with MI7. Considering all the covid putbacks this movie had, it could have been worse like Fast X.

On 5/28/2023 at 2:41 PM, Austin said:

I think a conservative or reasonable prediction would look like:

Wed - $15M

Thursday- $10M

Friday - $25M

Sat - $25M

Sun - $20M

3-day: $70M

5-day: $95M

I personally would like it to gross more than $100M in the 5-day window but we shall see if Cruise goodwill with TGM will come into effect and break MI7 out of the apparent MI franchise ceiling.

I know I’m optimistic but right now I’m thinking:

Wed: 26m

Thurs: 20m

Friday: 32m

Saturday: 34m

Sunday: 28m

3-day of 92m

5-day of 138m

$150-160m 5-day

$95-105m 3-day

$400-450m final

1.1b-1.2b worldwide depending on China

Not the best release date tbh. They should move it a weekend up. Nothing will be making more than $30m that weekend with how Indy is looking.

I think the budget is higher because they paid Cruise more upfront, although I dunno I could see it being lower since they filmed them together. Budgeting for multi-part films is tricky.

58 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

$150-160m 5-day

$95-105m 3-day

$400-450m final

1.1b-1.2b worldwide depending on China

Not the best release date tbh. They should move it a weekend up. Nothing will be making more than $30m that weekend with how Indy is looking.

I think the budget is higher because they paid Cruise more upfront, although I dunno I could see it being lower since they filmed them together. Budgeting for multi-part films is tricky.

covid caused budget to balloon, cruise wouldn't take higher upfront anyways cause he gets backend

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

Is there any way for the movie to move up to July 7th and snag IMAX screens or does Indy 5 have them locked?

Aren't the agreements done months before the movies get released? I think once they're locked, that's it, especially in a crowded summer like this. I remember JOHN WICK IV getting back some IMAX screens, though. Was during the time competition wasn't very stiff.

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Aren't the agreements done months before the movies get released? I think once they're locked, that's it, especially in a crowded summer like this. I remember JOHN WICK IV getting back some IMAX screens, though. Was during the time competition wasn't very stiff.

How is that MI7 can move up 2 days then? Is it that just the weekends get locked with IMAX screens or Paramount was being dumb and pushed the released only 2 days earlier instead of a full week before release dates got solidified?