Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

5 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I don't think there are bad films in this franchise. As I said MI2 was flawed but still fun. It's no fluke it was the biggest film of the summer in 2000.  MI3 has the best villain imho. Maybe the best Cruise run as well. 

everyone would put MI2 last in a ranking but, like you said, it’s still fun.  It’s actually the one I sort of look forward to watching the most on re-runs as I’ve seen it the least. I quite like that it has its own vibe. 

it’s bottom of the list, but still perfectly good. What a franchise. 

There's no bad MI film, 3 is my least fav because its the most forgettable but has the best villain. I like the Woo-isms of 2 and the action is incredible, would kill to see the r rated directors cut of that released on day (bc as is, the story is a mess).

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1

Feel the same way. At first watch MI:2 is a bit underwhelming, but it is surprisingly good with multiple watch. Lot of fun moments. Slo-mo white dove, classic Woo lol It also has an underrated masterpiece of a score from Hans Zimmer and a badass Metallica theme song.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Someone said there are too many women on the MI:DR poster/in the movie. Could this affect the movie, considering it's still an action movie aimed at males?

Don't listen to what sexist people say.

The more sexy women the better!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Don't listen to what sexist people say.

I'm not listening, but it's crazy what goes through people's minds. I think Pom Klementief is gonna be a highlight of the movie and Rebecca, of course is always fierce

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I'm not listening, but it's crazy what goes through people's minds. I think Pom Klementief is gonna be a highlight of the movie and Rebecca, of course is always fierce

People that seriously think like that tend not to have the social skills neccesary to actually go out to the cinema to begin with. 

• Like 3

There's no movie this year I'm more confident in its quality than this one, but for box office potential it kinda worries me how it doesn't look like nothing new or different from what we've seen in the previous M:I or recent Bond films. Hopefully the perfection of the last two M:I movies makes this not an issue at all for audiences. The stunt that has been the main selling point is just not as exciting as the ones in Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation, and the new character played by Hayley Atwell also doesn't look as interesting as Rebecca Ferguson's first appearance and Henry Cavill in Fallout.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

There's no movie this year I'm more confident in its quality than this one, but for box office potential it kinda worries me how it doesn't look like nothing new or different from what we've seen in the previous M:I or recent Bond films. Hopefully the perfection of the last two M:I movies makes this not an issue at all for audiences. The stunt that has been the main selling point is just not as exciting as the ones in Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation, and the new character played by Hayley Atwell also doesn't look as interesting as Rebecca Ferguson's first appearance and Henry Cavill in Fallout.

I think after Flash, this will be the next big summer movie. Especially after top gun maverick