Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Don’t care about the bloggers but the actual critics that counts for MC etc that i follow are all very positive about this movie

Sure it’s a consensus it don’t reach Fallout (and honestly who could match 88 on MC for an action movie, that was a rarity), still very good

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

1 being first is a wild opinion

2 was biggest in Japan ($94.2M). Even, "Top Gun Maverick" couldn't break it's OW record (Biggest 2-Days OW for a Tom Cruise Film)

DR Part 1 should come close and DR Part 2 should pass through it!

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

If we don't see a dramatic increase in ticket sales, then I give up. Don't know what to say at that point. 

Nah. Early screening reviews are highly positive and if the movie lives up to it then  pre-sales number doesn’t really matter. As we all know, MI is a naturally backloaded franchise. Presales aren everything and there’s no fanboy rush like CBM. The most important thing is it’s a great movie. Walk up and legs will be amazing. People will come over to watch it again

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

This might low-key be the most rewatchable franchise for me at this point. Like I just put on Ghost Protocol last night and it's just as fun as the first time I saw it. Can't wait to add this new one to the collection.

Ain't  that the truth. Like most people 2 is my least favorite unlike most people I still love it. 

I gotta say the trailer and marketing for this has been kind of whatever.

I don't know, obviously you can't recreate the viral Cavill moment, but everything has been pretty flat to me marketing wise. I can see why tracking isn't jumping out crazy. I'm sure it will still do well but I'm not feeling much hype.

I'm very excited for the film and will be there opening weekend though. Recently bought the 4K physical collection gonna give it another run through.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Nah. Early screening reviews are highly positive and if the movie lives up to it then  pre-sales number doesn’t really matter. As we all know, MI is a naturally backloaded franchise. Presales aren everything and there’s no fanboy rush like CBM. The most important thing is it’s a great movie. Walk up and legs will be amazing. People will come over to watch it again

I think it is the oncoming freight train called barbenheimer the following week that is the worry. No Mission has had to face a 1-2 punch like that. It loses all its PLF's basically. With Great WOM it should recover from week 3 on but it would be nice for it to make as  much money as possible in that first week to offset.