Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Projecition of Variety is 90 Million five day opening.

Nowdays this is very good, but pre 2020 it would have been considered dissapointing. Just more proof that the audeince for threatrical movies has shrunk dramatically, and things are not going back to the way they were.

14 hours ago, handofjustice said:

Didn't ethan have a lover? 

I don't think that the youth will like such a motorcycling personality rowing from one place to another 

There's heaven, there's earth and there's the woman you love , with your body inbetween them 

Do you think that more or less or equally opposite people will be affected by ethan spending time with Miss Atwell instead of stunts? 

Because the stunts are big but they need something else to bind the story but only the almighty knows the truth

Hell,he was married in the early films.

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I heard a middle aged woman ask the ticket checker if they were showing Part 2 today…

My mom somehow just completely missed that this was a part 1 even when it's obvious there's more to the story by the end of the movie lol. I suppose that's just how satisfied she felt with this as its own thing.

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Projecition of Variety is 90 Million five day opening.

Nowdays this is very good, but pre 2020 it would have been considered dissapointing. Just more proof that the audeince for threatrical movies has shrunk dramatically, and things are not going back to the way they were.

Fallout only had 60m OW, 90m for the five day is very good. Can probably beat Fallout 3-day in the 3-day. It would definitely not have been considered bad before 2020.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Fallout only had 60m OW, 90m for the five day is very good. Can probably beat Fallout 3-day in the 3-day. It would definitely not have been considered bad before 2020.

This should easily beat Fallout domestically. After watching the film, I don't think it'll even be close. As previously said, the international take it where it might struggle.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

i guess the master was just water under the bridge

When I saw The Master, I though 'There goes the PTA/Cruise " friendship.

Interesting how quiet Cruise has become about the COS since it's massive fall into disrepture in the middle of the last decade,

Edited by dudalb

How much of a complete film do I get with this? It is a cliffhanger of is it a case of the villian getting away for the next encounter>

And ,though this is a spoiler, I will ask and expect a reply using the spoiler box; Are the rumores that one of the IMG regulars gets killed ?

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

How much of a complete film do I get with this? It is a cliffhanger of is it a case of the villian getting away for the next encounter>

And ,though this is a spoiler, I will ask and expect a reply using the spoiler box; Are the rumores that one of the IMG regulars gets killed ?

The mission they set out to complete at the start of the movie sees a conclusion at the end of the movie, and plenty of characters get an arc that wraps up very nicely. I consider this a more completed film than either Fast X or Spider-Verse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not gonna spoil anything for you. I think it's perfectly executed. It's a complete film. It lays down the rules early on and follows it through. No cliffhanger, but Part 2 set up nicely. I think this is textbook how you should end a Part 1 film. I hate gimmick cliffhangers. INFINITY WAR was atricious. The only other Part 1 film that I think got the ending right was KILL BILL.  

Edited by The Dark Alfred

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Infinity War’s “part one” ending is phenomenal, any other part one only wishes it could end that well. 

It’s Empire Strikes Back levels. A complete film, with a devastating cliffhanger that still tells a complete story. They are my favorite "Part 1" films. I love Across the Spider-Verse, it’s arguably a toss between that and Vol. 3 as my favorite film of the year, which is high compliment because Guardians is one of my favorite trilogies ever. ATSV is a lot better than BTTF2, but it’s not anywhere close to IW or ESB.

15 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I swear everything I hear about PTA makes me like him more.

I didn't realize this is already in theaters, I thought it was coming out Friday. I've got the day off tomorrow, will probably check it out.

1 minute ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I swear everything I hear about PTA makes me like him more.

I didn't realize this is already in theaters, I thought it was coming out Friday. I've got the day off tomorrow, will probably check it out.

PTA is the ultimate "just a dude" filmmaker.