Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

For an all powerful AI that can traverse through the cyberspace or whatever, I'm surprised it didn't rig more things. Maybe explode a car there, airport door malfunction here, jam some communication lines, set off some amber alerts?

Something to make it feel more alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dead Reckoning solidified this franchise as my favorite movie franchise of all time. That being said, I haven't seen all the movie franchise's like Scream yet. In fact, I just finished Scream 1 today. It was hilarious omg.

What are some of yall's favorite franchise's outside of Mission Impossible.

Edited by Austin

20 minutes ago, Austin said:

Dead Reckoning solidified this franchise as my favorite movie franchise of all time. That being said, I haven't seen all the movie franchise's like Scream yet. In fact, I just finished Scream 1 today. It was hilarious omg.

1. Hunger Games (words can’t describe how I love it so muchhh)

2. MCU (kinda a bit down now. But Avengers era was the best! Unforgettable)

3. Mission Impossible (best action franchise ever)

4. Pirates of the Caribbean (iconic and still in disbelief that Disney out of all studios made this)

24 minutes ago, Austin said:

Yeah Dead Reckoning kind of did that for me too. It's not even my favourite in the series by a long shot but it's just another example of it being so strong in terms of quality, it's more of a testament to how good the series is that this isn't my favourite.

In terms of consistency? Scream, Evil Dead, John Wick, Avatar, Evangelion, Toy Story. Those are the ones that come to mind right away.

I also love Star Wars, MCU, Halloween, Star Trek, and The Matrix despite those being of varying quality.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, Austin said:

When I went to the flash with my friend, he said he enjoyed it and so did I, but even then he would go on his phone every 20 min to check "something" (nothing). Our generation is addicted. It's bad.

As a 42 year old I just don’t understand the lack of respect.  Even if you’re itching to go on it, doesn’t the fact that you’re in a theatre with other people who have paid to watch a film stop you from getting it out? 

I rarely have issues as I’m selective in times I go and theatres I attend. But in Flash (this is opening day) a guy with his mates (all early 20’s) got his phone out twenty minutes in and started watching a video he’d been sent. Held it to his ear and then started to show the guy next to him. I’m further down the row but I shouted across ‘turn your phone off mate! Christ!’  

he bricked himself, put it in his pocket and not a peep out of any of them the whole movie. But just the sheer getting it out in the first place and playing it in a showing with other people, I was shocked. They seemed like nice enough lads, but where does that kind of behaviour come from!? It’s not like they were 14 and showing off. Fml. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Hayley Atwell! Holy shit. It makes  sense why Captain America chose to stay in the past 

also Reddit review thread is surprisingly negative

You never saw the Agent Carter series?; Atwell was hot as hell in those shows.

And Hailey is not the only MCU Alumni to have a featured role in this film.  Mantis also does well as Paris the assassian. Though I did not every recognizer her until I saw  Pom Klientieff's name in the credits.

Spoiler

And the from  the "She has a pulse" line at the end, Paris will be back in Pt. 2

10 hours ago, karlleng said:

Questions regarding AI

Reveal hidden contents

As much as I liked MI7 overall,

Spoiler

The whole AI.Entity thing is full of plotholes.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

You never saw the Agent Carter series?; Atwell was hot as hell in those shows.

haven’t seen the show. Know her from the first Captain America (and it’s been a while since I’ve seen it) and her numerous cameos throughout the years only 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

haven’t seen the show. Know her from the first Captain America (and it’s been a while since I’ve seen it) and her numerous cameos throughout the years only 

The Agent Carter shows are on Disney +; if you watch them you know Atwll being sexy as hell is nothing new.

She also does some nice action stuff in the series. so the fight scenes in MI7 were not her first rodeo .

I just watched MI2. Wow that was pure art.... 😆A lot more enjoyable than the first one, which I watched on Friday. Will watch 3 tomorrow.

Thandie Newton and Hayley Atwell are both pure goddesses in their respective Mission Impossible movies.

Edited by Avatree

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Hayley Atwell! Holy shit. It makes  sense why Captain America chose to stay in the past 

also Reddit review thread is surprisingly negative

It's like an 8.1 there isn't it? I just checked and they are pretty positive.