PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

I got the PERFECT IDEA FOR FINDING NEMO 2,Liam Neeson plays the evil fish who kidnaps Nemo, so its up to Marlin and Dory to defeat Neeson's character and save Nemo.

That could work, but Nemo is the key character have him and Marlin search for Dory.

Ok, this is what I feared would happen after Disney purchased Pixar - more sequels and greater frequency of movies. Finding Nemo 2 and Monsters University might be great movies but this trend still scares me.

Disney is a corporation, owned by shareholders. Disney executives know that shareholders want profit every quarter. The execs get bonuses and shareholders get dividends. You can't tell me that Lassetter isn't feeling the pressure. There is nothing wrong with profit, bonuses, and dividends but a profit driven culture (DIS - The Walt Disney Company (NYSE)) and artistic excellent (Pixar) are uncomfortable bedfellows.

Gone are the days when Pixar could go a year without releasing a movie.

I said this on BOM when Pixar was purchased that we would see more sequels and we would start to see 2 maybe 3 Pixar movies per year. So far we haven't seen the latter but just watch. Newt and Brave were supposed to come the same year I think. Regarding Sequelitis, since Pixar was bought by a mega corporation/studio we've seen Cars 2, Monsters University, and now Finding Nemo 2.

(Yes, Toy Story 2 preceded the sale but that was initially going to be direct to video)

:angry:

• Like 1

I said this on BOM when Pixar was purchased that we would see more sequels and we would start to see 2 maybe 3 Pixar movies per year. So far we haven't seen the latter but just watch. Just like in 2014 will get 3 Marvel movies, Pixar won't be to far behind. Newt and Brave were supposed to come the same year I think. It was or really close. Regarding Sequelitis, since Pixar was bought by a mega corporation/studio we've seen Cars 2, Monsters University, and now Finding Nemo 2. We haven't seen MU or FN2 yet. Between that and those we at least 3 original movies and one sequel - MU. Also have other sequels like TI2 and TS4, like any studio sequels will come but they still have original ideas.

(Yes, Toy Story 2 preceded the sale but that was initially going to be direct to video)

:angry:

Well I guess it's better than some random director taking the reins of FN2. And at least Pixar's in the midst of an originals streak. I'm more worried that Unkrich's movie gets newtered since Guillermo del Toro is also releasing a movie about Dia de Los muertos before Unkrich releases his.

Two reputable sources have reported it, one with some very specific information. I think Stanton's just being coy. Notice how he says "don't believe everything you read"?

He may not even be talking about Nemo, for all we know. Someone asked Brenda Chapman about it and she just said no comment.

Edited by tribefan695

Yup, sorry Pixar, I have no more faith in you now than I do in Disney's in-house animation department. I don't even care if it's a good movie, their creative streak is done. It could come back with some upcoming projects but for the first time since the 90s they need to prove themselves in the quality department right now.

• Like 1

Two reputable sources have reported it, one with some very specific information. I think Stanton's just being coy. Notice how he says "don't believe everything you read"?

He may not even be talking about Nemo, for all we know. Someone asked Brenda Chapman about it and she just said no comment.

Yeah, "don't believe everything you read because we shouldn't have leaked it this early so please stop talking about it."

Is Chapman still there? Could have sworn she'd be gone by now.

If they make the movie about an adult Nemo that has to find his lost "Nemo jr" son or some shit like that I will permanently disown Pixar and vow not to see their movies in theaters anymore.

Nah, they'll make the grown up Nemo have a daughter that gets lost in order make the sequel different from the first movie. ;)