MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Wonka is the type of movie to be picked up by TikTok which in this day and age means $$$.

You could say that about any movie starring someone below the age of 35. There are also plenty of movies that are popular online that don’t end up being big at the box office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I’m thinking both the mom and the baby get kidnapped early on.

There was a rumor a few months ago that (spoiler warning):

Spoiler

Mera spends most of the movie injured in a hospital. But things could have changed in reshoots. Honestly I like your theory better, because it would probably mean we would have scenes with Mera trying to escape with the baby on her own, and she's such a badass character that it's a waste to have her in a hospital bed for most of the movie. Oh well, at least there's an action scene with her guaranteed since it's shown in the trailer...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Same lol

I was waaaay off on Dead Reckoning up until like a week before release 

Now, I am just wondering. What's your reasoning for Aquaman only doing $375M WW? It still has the December release date with two weeks of holidays and minimal competition, so even if it opens low because the DCEU brand is in hell, it could leg out to like $700-800M. It still seems to have the "dumb fun underwater spectacle" that made the first movie so popular.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I mean, just because you make a correct prediction doesn't mean all your predictions will be correct.

I thought both Mario and Dead Reckoning 1 would make a billion.:whosad:

In hindsight the DR one billion hype was dumb

"See. . .now Top Gun made a billion. Do you know who's in that movie? Tom Cruise. Do you also know who's in Dead Reckoning? Oh yeah, also Tom Cruise. Therefore, Mission Impossible will also make a billion"

292w_s.jpg

Edited by HummingLemon