CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Just now, TheBigYawn said:

Contrary to popular (?) belief these movies don't have an unlimited budget. Berlin is created at Leavesden studios.  

I think (?) he was being sarcastic since he's from Germany.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One doesnt appreciate ones country if one isnt ready to roast it :redcapes:

Btw, that scene looks good. I like the score, the music feels way more Potter-like for me for some reason than previous FB soundtracks. Also, the color palette gives it a nice 1920s/1930s feeling, just where the film is set in. 

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

One doesnt appreciate ones country if one isnt ready to roast it :redcapes:

Btw, that scene looks good. I like the score, the music feels way more Potter-like for me for some reason than previous FB soundtracks. Also, the color palette gives it a nice 1920s/1930s feeling, just where the film is set in. 

I find the FB soundtracks to be stunning...the best technical aspect of this series to be honest. 

I'm very excited to hear this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

I find the FB soundtracks to be stunning...the best technical aspect of this series to be honest. 

I'm very excited to hear this one.

I didnt mean my post in a way that i dont like the FB scores so far or anything. Actually, i also really like them, but they feel a bit different from the Potter main series and in this dinner scene, for me the music seemed like more on the Potter-side than the FB-side.

Funny thing, i like CoG's score more than the already good one from the first film.

La scène du dîner est encore un exemple de ce qui nous manquait cruellement dans Crimes Of Grindelwald : la magie.
Cette scène à elle seule est plus magique que la moitié du film. Et la partition est très bonne aussi, non je pense que ça va être un très bon film. 

@ViewerAnon The first feedback is generally good.

Edited by Noiret Jak

It's funny looking at the reactions for Morbius then coming over to see the ones for this movie, its like night and day. I think this will get around a 60 something on RT. I do appreciate that most of the reactions are more even-keeled, they get straight to the point regarding "is this better than the 2nd movie?" which is what many people on the fence are curious about.

I think this movie will do decently at the box office, between 400-500 WW gross is not too bad all things considered.

Edited by Gazer365
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Noctis said:

$500m would be an absolutely brilliant result. As long as it hits $450m, this franchise will continue and there will likely be a lot of converters on home media with this one.

I do wonder how HBO Max will figure into all this, since I believe this is getting the 45 day release window deal just like The Batman. If there is a noticeable/decent uptick in subscribers when this movie hits HBO Max (early June-ish?) would they factor that into the movies success as well? It does seem like WB is adjusting their expectations more in regards to what they consider a "success".

Edited by Gazer365

Secrets Of Dumbledore has a budget of 185M$.
Regarding Warner's expectations, we have this as a comparison:

- Dune with its 405M$ at the worldwide box office and its budget of 165M$ is considered a success
- Godzilla Vs Kong with its 155M$ budget and its total of 467M$ at the worldwide box office has a sequel in the works this year.

Based on all that, anything over $500 million at the worldwide box office would be a positive sign for a fourth installment. Not to mention the income generated on HBO Max which will help him.

• Like 1

I still say the biggest problem with this series is that it picked the wrong main character. A Dumbledore prequel series would have been easy to comprehend and people already liked him. I'd wager not many people like the mousy lead they instead seem to be stuck with.

Edited by Hatebox

54 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I still say the biggest problem with this series is that it picked the wrong main character. A Dumbledore prequel series would have been easy to comprehend and people already liked him. I'd wager not many people like the mousy lead they instead seem to be stuck with.

Well, Dumbledore is front and center here. 

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

WB's indecisiveness regarding what story they want to tell is the real problem (as evidenced by the last films titles). I've seen people say they want a purely Fantastic Beasts centered series and others wanting it to be about Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Either concepts could work, but for some reason they were convinced they could do both at the same time within the same movie(s) with varying results thus far.

Edited by clockwork