CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Everytime it slips into rotten (as it just did) the odds of it coming back up again gets worse and worse lol

Looking just at just the Top Critic Reviews it's evenly split between fresh and rotten so it'll be going back and forth for a little bit, but the more small time regular critics seemed to like it alright which leads me to believe this will end up around a 63% with an audience score of 85% and higher.

I saw it ealier today.

Honestly, im kind of ... meh on this. I really liked Mikkelsen and Law (what a surprise) and the action was the best of the 3 films for me. Music was also nice. But the plot is all over the place and the pacing suffers at certain points from that. Certain aspects and characters of the film were also way more interesting than others. I think the script would have needed some fine tuning. 

Not a bad film like Crimes of Grindelwald, but not a great one either.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I saw it ealier today.

Honestly, im kind of ... meh on this. I really liked Mikkelsen and Law (what a surprise) and the action was the best of the 3 films for me. Music was also nice. But the plot is all over the place and the pacing suffers at certain points from that. Certain aspects and characters of the film were also way more interesting than others. I think the script would have needed some fine tuning. 

Not a bad film like Crimes of Grindelwald, but not a great one either.

Though I gave a pass to CoG for committing to the bit and I haven't seen SoD yet, this is still inexcusable results.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Though I gave a pass to CoG for committing to the bit and I haven't seen SoD yet, this is still inexcusable results.

I stand by my opinion that this series (Fantastic Beasts) would have been perfect for like 2 movies which focus on Newt as the main character and (shocker incoming) Fantastic Beasts.

And then maybe 2 or 3 films about Dumbledore/Grindelwald and all that without the Beasts connection. Not only would you have 2 movie series, but you would have films that are not trying to play 3-D-chess all the time with 900 characters and plot threats.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Johnny Depp has nothing to do with anything. The last movie already saw diminishing returns, and was poorly received. 

Johnny Depp will have had some effect, there was a huge wave of support for him online during his controversy and the movie is looking at dropping more than 50%. That too big of a drop to blame soley on diminishing returns. Just connect the dots.

3 minutes ago, Tarintino said:

Johnny Depp will have had some effect, there was a huge wave of support for him online during his controversy and the movie is looking at dropping more than 50%. That too big of a drop to blame soley on diminishing returns. Just connect the dots.

Do you really think the average viewer cares much about that? It was over a year and a half ago when they released him.  He's gone and got paid millions of dollars on the way out, he is not suffering from being kicked from this movie nor will this movie suffer because he's not in it, stop with this nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Do you really think the average viewer cares much about that? It was over a year and a half ago when they released him.  He's gone and got paid millions of dollars on the way out, he is not suffering from being kicked from this movie nor will this movie suffer because he's not in it, stop with this nonsense. 

I couldnt care less about Johnny Depp but it was everywhere so its not nonsense. Loads of people were talking about boycotting and now this movie is seeing a massive drop and you are all ignoring one of the reasons why. Dont shoot the messenger

3 hours ago, Tarintino said:

I couldnt care less about Johnny Depp but it was everywhere so its not nonsense. Loads of people were talking about boycotting and now this movie is seeing a massive drop and you are all ignoring one of the reasons why. Dont shoot the messenger

The movie dropping has nothing to do with Depp the same way the second movie dropping had nothing to do with him.

If Depp was such a draw the second movie would have done much better.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie dropping has nothing to do with Depp the same way the second movie dropping had nothing to do with him.

If Depp was such a draw the second movie would have done much better.

Johnny Depp hasn't been a draw in 10 years but that doesnt mean people hadn't took sides in his private troubles. It made alot of headlines at the time.

I 100% agree this film dropping was inevitable with or without Depp but when it drops more than 50% it's not ridiculous to suggest it had a small contribution. It's a hefty drop after all

1 minute ago, Tarintino said:

Johnny Depp hasn't been a draw in 10 years but that doesnt mean people hadn't took sides in his private troubles. It made alot of headlines at the time.

I 100% agree this film dropping was inevitable with or without Depp but when it drops more than 50% it's not ridiculous to suggest it had a small contribution. It's a hefty drop after all

Dark Phoenix dropped that much from Apocalypse without anyone taking Singer's side. Allegiant dropped that much from Insurgent.

Sometimes you just have to pay the price for an awful entry with the next entry in the series.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Dark Phoenix dropped that much from Apocalypse without anyone taking Singer's side. Allegiant dropped that much from Insurgent.

Sometimes you just have to pay the price for an awful entry with the next entry in the series.

Not to derail anything but I think Allegiant was more like the general apathy towards the whole thing. Insurgent had 3D, big marketing campaign, eye-popping visuals, empty marketplace and it was a sequel to a decently liked first movie and it still dropped 20M from the first movie. Allegiant looked dull visually, a dead cast walking in every trailer, no 3D, literally opening a week before BvS, it felt like a dump marketing wise, and Insurgent, like Divergent, was decent at best. People didn't want any of that for a 3rd time.

100% agree with Dark Phoenix.

Edited by CJohn

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not to derail anything but I think Allegiant was more like the general apathy towards the whole thing. Insurgent had 3D, big marketing campaign, eye-popping visuals, empty marketplace and it was a sequel to a decently liked first movie and it still dropped 20M from the first movie. Allegiant looked dull visually, a dead cast walking in every trailer, no 3D, literally opening a week before BvS, it felt like a dump marketing wise, and Insurgent, like Divergent, was decent at best. People didn't want any of that for a 3rd time.

100% agree with Dark Phoenix.

I pretty much forgot that the Divergent franchise existed until today 😅

• Haha 3