CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Liking these reactions...hope the film keeps this up.

So now we have 2 more RT critics praising the film and one 7x Emmy Winner saying it's the 3rd best in the entire WWU.

Is Kevin Maher a top critic too? 

7 minutes ago, Felipe said:

RT top critic

For some context, here's her CoG review on RT:

crimes.png

Of course it's also completely possible the film can have gone down in her estimations since she wrote this review.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samwise the Brave said:

Lucas or whoever it was made me aware it can still be average based on reviews but i'm starting to get a good feeling about this

~71% so far (15 probably fresh/6 probably rotten).

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Liking these reactions...hope the film keeps this up.

So now we have 2 more RT critics praising the film and one 7x Emmy Winner saying it's the 3rd best in the entire WWU.

Is Kevin Maher a top critic too? 

He is!

• Astonished 1

Would be happy with 60% on RT, but at this point, regardless of the score this gets on RT, I think it’s almost assured that the majority of people will far prefer this to CoG, and likely FB1 too.

4 days! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

For some context, here's her CoG review on RT:

crimes.png

Of course it's also completely possible the film can have gone down in her estimations since she wrote this review.

There's a scene in The Dictator where someone doesn't know whether to smile or be upset in front of the dictator and ends up smiling and frowning in a continuous loop...

I feel like everyone has that reaction when reading your posts.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

There's a scene in The Dictator where someone doesn't know whether to smile or be upset in front of the dictator and ends up smiling and frowning in a continuous loop...

I feel like everyone has that reaction when reading your posts.

lmao, trying to keep it real. There's definitely an air of CoG being looked at in a much more negative light now in hindsight than a lot of critics actually did when it was released. Generally when you're pretty middling on a movie to begin with, the pop culture consensus can sway you in that direction after more time has passed.

Pretty sure she's going for a 3.5-4/5 star review for SoD though, she definitely liked it.

• Like 1

I'm very curious to see how things shake out critically. The reaction I've heard is pretty similar to WW84 but I don't have a large sample size and it's the follow-up to a disappointing sequel vs. a beloved original, which could help tip some of those ehhhhs into mildly fresh territory?

5 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I'm very curious to see how things shake out critically. The reaction I've heard is pretty similar to WW84 but I don't have a large sample size and it's the follow-up to a disappointing sequel vs. a beloved original, which could help tip some of those ehhhhs into mildly fresh territory?

You gave both FB1 and Crimes a 2.5/4 right? Have you seen the completed film (vfx done etc) or haven't seen it since the test screening?

18 minutes ago, Noctis said:

You gave both FB1 and Crimes a 2.5/4 right? Have you seen the completed film (vfx done etc) or haven't seen it since the test screening?

FB1 might be a 3/4? It's been awhile since I've seen it. I haven't seen TSOD yet - annoyingly I've had invites to screenings last week and this Wednesday, but I don't know if I'll make it due to life stuff. Very likely you'll see it before I do.

• Sad 1

I live in the Middle East and due to Ramadan, they only release small movies during the month and won't see it until May 2/3.

A cruel twist of fate, but I'll be buying tickets for its US release. 

• Sad 2