Eric is Quiet

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

I think it’s quite obvious this is going for Showgirls / Blonde type of reception by design. Make people discuss a lot, it’s not a bad situation really despite the likely mixed scores against it.

And doesn’t necessarily will stop him from winning something at Cannes. Triangle of Sadness had very meh reviews and won Palme D’ Or

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Heard something about it that is absolutely insane, really curious if the trades will keep themselves from spoiling it the second the embargo drops.

I see it referenced in several reviews already lol

Fascinated by the reviews but sad to say that the recent FFC allegations really soured me a bit on the project. Happy to see he took such a big swing on this one, if nothing else, and I’ll still check it out when it drops in IMAX

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Daily Telegraph:

Megalopolis: Coppola’s latest is like Succession crossed with Batman Forever and a lava lamp”. 4/5

THIS IS ALL I NEED

• Like 2

56/100 on MC

some good ones still waiting to be added

Reception is definitely divisive, but it’s not hated or indifferent. Got 11 minutes of standing ovation at Cannes (it doesn’t really mean anything but here it is).

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I wonder if major studios have changed their minds.

Why would they? It's not getting raves and even if it was every year there are tons of great movies that make no money. I'd be shocked if this made over 50 mil domestic