Eric is Quiet

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

Just now, Macleod said:

Again, what constitutes calling Coppola here a "terrible old man"?  As if there was a career-long series of personal bad behavior? 🤷‍♂️

See above

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

most of us haven't seen the film, 

That’s my point. Some people have seen the film, but people who haven’t are screaming “OMG hit piece!!! Look how they massacred my boy!!!” because the feedback wasn’t what they wanted to hear.

2 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I like how you (and others) assume it’s a hit piece because it’s not what you want to hear. I don’t personally have to witness events in order for them to have actually happened. What kind of logic is that?

I’m not sure why people are magically inclined to believe a guy who very casually defended his buddy/convicted sex offender for molesting a young boy (and told the boy he would never work in Hollywood again for speaking out against his friend) over easily replaceable people on set. But people love nothing more than stroking the egos of men who happened to make something good a long time ago and nothing good ever since.

Being honest, you’re the one here derailing the thread talking about things that you don’t really know, from Coppola being a historically terrible person and the movie being awful. 

From what we know, this can all be true, but no one was really discussing this before you came here and started a meltdown lol.

The only thing that was said is that these articles has been dropping in very suspicious timings, which they are, this isn’t the same of saying it’s all a lie.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Being honest, you’re the one here derailing the thread talking about things that you don’t really know, from Coppola being a historically terrible person and the movie being awful. 

From what we know, this can all be true, but no one was really discussing this before you came here and started a meltdown lol.

The only thing that was said is that these articles has been dropping in very suspicious timings, which they are, this isn’t the same of saying it’s all a lie.

All I initially said (before a lot people got offended) was that it wasn’t surprising. That was after other people had already started talking about the tweets/stories that someone else posted. No derailing on my end.

But I’ll stop if talking about a film and director upsets people so much I guess.

Edited by Speedorito

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I like how you (and others) assume it’s a hit piece because it’s not what you want to hear. I don’t personally have to witness events in order for them to have actually happened. What kind of logic is that?

Because it was released a day before the movie's premiere and right after the trailer release, a very obvious hit piece timing. Aside from Salva's stuff, no actress complained about his behaviour on any movie as far as I remember. What we have is some anonymous douchebag in the article assuming things without knowing if it was consensual or not. If it was, there's no story, nothing to discuss, just a pitiful attempt to force controversy and damage Coppola right before the premiere. Because so far I don't see any actresses lined up to accuse him of any inappropriate behaviour.

Edited by TomThomas

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It is absolutely believable that the pal of child rapist Victor Salva is a creep

He defended the guy he had business dealings with, it was shitty, I'm not denying that, but that doesn't mean he sexually harassed women or whatever, Kevin Spacey didn't sexually harass women just because he's a creep who's into young boys. There would've been real accusations from different actresses at this point if Francis actually did something bad, but there's none as far as I'm aware.

Edited by TomThomas

The Guardian article is bad because the sexual harassment claims are by far THE most serious thing in that article...and it's buried at the end beneath paragraphs of stupid petty grievances and nonsense. Shameful and gross if true, I'll wait for more info though.

The timing of these articles has been consistent since the early screenings, a guy self funding a film outside of the system for artistic reasons not to make a profit is gonna be frowned upon hard by the industry. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Sigh 

I see that narrative’s not going to die out anytime soon. 

I see the Snyderites have hijacked this thread.

Edited by dudalb

Regarding Coppola’s alleged behavior, I wouldn’t say I’d be surprised at the idea that Coppola is a dirty old man. He is the same guy who went to bat for Victor Salva. With that said, it also wouldn’t surprise me if these stories about him harassing female actors and being generally unprofessional were planted by someone in the industry to set a particular narrative. 

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I'll just say this'll probably make getting a US distributor a lot more difficult in the immediate future

...Which is exactly what [yet to be named] possible US distributor wants us to think, so that it'll drive down the possible offers on the table...  Gossip does not equal reality.  

5 minutes ago, Macleod said:

...Which is exactly what [yet to be named] possible US distributor wants us to think, so that it'll drive down the possible offers on the table...  Gossip does not equal reality.  

They're still probably gonna want to wait and see if this actually amounts to anything. I wouldn't expect any kind of public announcement at Cannes now at least, they don't want to catch strays from this.