That One Girl

Richard Jewell | December 13 2019 | Clint Eastwood's highly anticipated follow-up to The Mule | Now a WB movie | Premiering at AFI Festival

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

How this wasn't a WB film in the first place is beyond me. 

I'm always amazed by Eastwood's stamina, he's almost 90 and still making films.

Fox owned the adaptation rights I think.

It is a Fox-DiCaprio-Hill project since 2015 at least:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3513548/news?ref_=tt_ql_rel_1

Just now, That One Guy said:

This is true, but I trust in Eastwood to get a good performance out of him

clint eastwood is actually pretty disastrous at working with actors who aren't already great. there have been great performances in many of his movies but they all come from a-level talent. if he's working with weaker actors you're getting flags of our fathers or jersey boys movies chock filled with wood.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

clint eastwood is actually pretty disastrous at working with actors who aren't already great. there have been great performances in many of his movies but they all come from a-level talent. if he's working with weaker actors you're getting flags of our fathers or jersey boys movies chock filled with wood.

He's at his best when he's working with non-actors and doing one take for each scene, like 15:17 to Paris

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

It's known that he does one or two takes only most of the time. Those poor non-actor dudes in The 15:17 to Paris who had to endure The Room levels of embarrassment (though that whole movie was just a prank in general).

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

I assume this will make it to this year.

It's doable given it's Eastwood and WB only has Superintelligence in December. I'd suggest a limited release then go wide in January but it could do a Mule and go wide in December.