terrestrial

Tuesday May 7 - AEG12.518 LS1.38 Intruder1.33 Ugly708.8k BT560k LaLorona458k CM394 Shazam!294k Little193 Code Geass173

estimates only!

Daily Domestic Chart for Tuesday May 7, 2019

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Avengers: Endgame Walt Disney $12,500,000 +17% 4,662 $2,681   $644,487,456 12
- (3) The Intruder Sony Pictures $1,335,000 +67% 2,222 $601   $12,990,808 5
- (5) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $460,000 +43% 2,540 $181   $49,084,804 19
- (8) Shazam! Warner Bros. $300,000 +54% 2,521 $119   $135,743,843 33
- (-) Mia and the White Lion Ledafilms $525 +150% 5 $105   $396,755 26

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/05/07

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

That are the ones that were early often, but not always that accurate in getting it right, so please be prepared for it being +/- 1 million or so?

Tuesday reported gross $12M and total domestic gross $639 Million

Hold On, Cannes! Neal Moritz’s Female-Fronted ‘Cliffhanger’ Reboot Climbs With Rocket Science, CAA

EXCLUSIVE: Twenty six years after the iconic original debuted at the Cannes Film Festival, Neal Moritz’s (The Fast And The Furious) awaited reboot of hit action-thriller Cliffhanger is heading to the Cannes Marché where it will be among the buzziest projects on sale.

In a zeitgeisty twist, the reimagined, big-canvas package will have a female lead — casting is underway — and a female director in the shape of Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night). Aquaman star Jason Momoa is talks for a key cameo.

Rocket Science will launch international sales on the hot prospect in Cannes after prizing rights away from StudioCanal in a competitive situation. The latter had tried to mount a remake a couple of times with Moritz in the past decade and it was a long negotiation to convince the French studio to part with the property given its strong box office potential.

and more to read here

https://deadline.com/2019/05/cliffhanger-reboot-jason-momoa-ana-lily-amirpour-cannes-female-1202608726/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

star Emilia Clarke to play poet Elizabeth Barrett in ' 'Let Me Count The Ways' (exclusive)

Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke will play poet Elizabeth Barrett in Björn Runge’s English-language love story Let Me Count The Ways. 

The film is produced by Bankside Films which is also handling worldwide sales on the project. 

Runge, fresh off the success of The Wife, which garnered an Oscar nomination for Glenn Close, will direct from a screenplay by Bafta TV and Emmy-winning writer Paula Milne (The Politician’s Wife).

Bankside is teaming with Damian Jones of DJ Films (Goodbye Christopher Robin) on the production, their second collaboration following Amma Asante’s Belle in 2013.

Set in the mid 19th century, the film will follow the courtship of poets Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning. After gaining worldwide fame for her poetry, Barrett, fragile and weakened by a mysterious illness, lives as a virtual recluse in London. When the youthful Browning brings renewed sensuality and passion to her life, her widowed father Edward fights to keep his control over her.

The film’s title comes from Barrett’s poem How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways.

The UK project is the first to be headed to production after being fully developed in-house at sales outfit Bankside. The company has been building a slate of projects over the last few years as it expands its remit beyond traditional sales.

“This film is a classic love story which delivers something entirely unexpected and relevant in today’s world,” explained Jones.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/emilia-clarke-to-star-in-let-me-count-the-ways-for-the-wife-director-bankside-exclusive/5139131.article

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

That are the ones that were early often, but not always that accurate in getting it right, so please be prepared for it being +/- 1 million or so?

Tuesday reported gross $12M and total domestic gross $639 Million

This person doesn’t report final grosses. He reports gross from a certain point in time with locations still outstanding. According to Charlie, this person used to be his source. Therefore, his info up to the point in time that he is reporting is accurate. 

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I guess Tuesday's number for EG must be very boring for any Asgardian to show up 

Is this the first time we haven't gotten an early number?

9 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

This person doesn’t report final grosses. He reports gross from a certain point in time with locations still outstanding. According to Charlie, this person used to be his source. Therefore, his info up to the point in time that he is reporting is accurate. 

Time of day something...

tweet is 5 hours old = late in the day/night in the US too,

So... maybe near the result (hence why I meant +/-, some theatres report late, no indicator how many are included this time not getting in whatever mood over the number, only an indicator for now

Edited by terrestrial

4 minutes ago, kitik said:

Is this the first time we haven't gotten an early number?

Charlie has to learn for important exams and lets himself too often reign in here. I fear for his results a bit

• Like 1

AVENGERS: ENDGAME $12.5M Tuesday Domestic Estimate $21.7M Tuesday Overseas Estimate $644.5M Domestic Total + $1.6282B Overseas Total = $2.2727B Global Total

• Like 3

International totals through Tuesday for Avengers: Endgame include: China - $585.4M U.K. - $96.6M S. Korea - $88.3M Mexico - $63.8M Brazil - $61.2M India - $54.6M Germany - $48.3M Australia - $47.9M France - $45.3M Japan - $37.6M Russia - $36.8M

Additional international totals through Tuesday for Avengers: Endgame Indonesia - $31.5M Italy - $29.8M Philippines - $29.6M Spain - $25.7M Hong Kong - $24.0M Thailand - $23.6M Taiwan - $23.5M Malaysia - $18.8M

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Weeeeaaaaak Tuesday. I guess IMAX being in high demand on Monday is a contributing factor, hopefully the Wednesday drop is much smaller than usually as well.

................................................... here  we go again ,classic forum

• Knock It Off 1