filmlover

The Aeronauts | Dec 6 2019 (Dec 25 on Prime streaming) | Amazon | Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

IMAX? Weird.

The article listed mentions this

Key action sequences in The Aeronauts were designed for Imax and feature the giant screen exhibitor's expanded aspect ratio. "Tom (Harper) designed this movie for the Imax screen and the result is going to blow audiences away. This film, inspired by incredible true events, offers heart-pounding intense sequences that are woven so wonderfully with the beauty, scale and emotion of these two characters as they go on their epic journey," Imax president of Imax Entertainment Megan Colligan said in her own statement.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

glad to see now that the fantastic beasts have a longer break between movies ready edmayne gets to be the villain of awards season again.

At least he's not reuniting with Hooper in Cats (though that could really be said as a sigh of relief for everyone who isn't in Cats).

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Second time Amazon has done this following The Report. Odd.

Everyone wants to be Netflix. Though, if I’m being honest, I feel like Late Night bombing after how much they spent on it probably affecfed these decisions?

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Everyone wants to be Netflix. Though, if I’m being honest, I feel like Late Night bombing after how much they spent on it probably affecfed these decisions?

Maybe. Although as far as I know Honey Boy (Shia Labeouf's autobiographical comeback vehicle) is still getting a theatrical only release.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe. Although as far as I know Honey Boy (Shia Labeouf's autobiographical comeback vehicle) is still getting a theatrical only release.

Probably has something to do with the contract with which they bought Honey Boy?

21 hours ago, dudalb said:

You have to laugh at this. A film that was made with Imax in mind will have two weeks run at Imax then go to the small screen.

Welcome to today's landscape. Many people would rather stay home and watch a movie like this on their couch.