Cedarpoint1111

THE HUNTSMAN WINTER'S WAR | April 22, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 42!

Studios are gluttons for punishment, see also: Pacific Rim 2 and Alice 2. Disney was really smart with Tron: Legacy, they made a small profit and also knew when to quit while ahead.

Alice made so much money it does not matter if it decreases (but it will decrease).

But the Snow Queen addition is so amusing, do they really think it will be a draw (watch for some reason everybody loving it or something).

I would think there is some good fantasy book series with a fanbase you could adapt without it getting too expecive. These fairytale adaptions are so embarrasing (expecially if they no longer have anything to do with the fairytales). The Hobbit and Game of Thrones are so popular that I would think somebody would try. Then they could just name the film something generic so the GA would not get scared of fantasy book adaption.

Studios are gluttons for punishment, see also: Pacific Rim 2 and Alice 2. Disney was really smart with Tron: Legacy, they made a small profit and also knew when to quit while ahead.

Alice made so much money it does not matter if it decreases (but it will decrease).

But the Snow Queen addition is so amusing, do they really think it will be a draw (watch for some reason everybody loving it or something).

I would think there is some good fantasy book series with a fanbase you could adapt without it getting too expecive. These fairytale adaptions are so embarrasing (expecially if they no longer have anything to do with the fairytales). The Hobbit and Game of Thrones are so popular that I would think somebody would try. Then they could just name the film something generic so the GA would not get scared of fantasy book adaption.

How come the studio is very insistent on making this when the first wasn't a gigantic hit really?

Very insistent? If they were would have been out by 2014 not 4 years later. It made enough (barely) for a sequel to be made anyways.

Alice wasn't budgeted at 425M. UNI is taking a chance on PR2 but with an established world should be easier and China should do huge numbers.

Does this have a really good script? Is Universal just throwing money at it? Lots of good people keep attaching themselves to this, it's impressive.

And it may be the first movie since Episode 2 discarding Jar Jar that I've ever been so excited about who doesnt have a role in the movie.

Does this have a really good script? Is Universal just throwing money at it? Lots of good people keep attaching themselves to this, it's impressive.

And it may be the first movie since Episode 2 discarding Jar Jar that I've ever been so excited about who doesnt have a role in the movie.

But Jar Jar was in Episode 2  :P

I know. It's not the first film was a big enough hit, that anyone would actually care to see a follow-up, or in this case a follow-down.

It's one of those, "We have an IP, a few known stars, and a good director, why not make this for a lower budget". Of course, now the director is gone, and the stars are not exactly box office draws, and I don't know if anyone wanted a sequel to Snow White, or if anyone remembers that a movie called Snow White and the Huntsman actually came out 4 years ago.

• Like 1