PanaMovie

WONDER WOMAN 1984 - JUNE 5, 2020

Wonder Woman 84 was to be released on December 18 in France it will finally be released on January 6 because of the second wave of COVID and yet it is not even sure. WW84 will not take advantage of the 2 week vacation in France which is the biggest week of the year in terms of box office! A big shortfall !

On 12/13/2020 at 5:30 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

I honestly thought this will have a good run internationally. Alas. Let's see how Japan and Taiwan does. The two markets are in absolute normalcy.

You keep saying this, yet is it normal for people to be aware a film is being made available online a week later?? 

No, it isn’t.

Enough with trying to create a narrative that WW84 is releasing under normal circumstances so that you can try and brand it a flop. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You keep saying this, yet is it normal for people to be aware a film is being made available online a week later?? 

No, it isn’t.

Enough with trying to create a narrative that WW84 is releasing under normal circumstances so that you can try and brand it a flop. 

Totally agree with you, is not directors or actors guilty for this situation and spin the story that the movie is a flop is unfair, piracy especially in Asia and Europe will be at full force

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

No, it isn’t.

Yeah sure it's not normal for film to be out online next week and I did said that everywhere that piracy is a big factor against film. Check the last page itself.

The normal thing I said is for Taiwan and Japan where its normalcy. Mulan started okayish in Taiwan but was hurted by controversy and bad WoM in full run.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Guessing

China - 20

Taiwan - 4

Middle East - 4

Japan - 3

Thailan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam - 4.5

Latin America - No idea. May be 5-6

UK and Europe - 3-4 may be

Total - $43-46mn opening weekend. 

lmao Middle East > Europe, what a strange year

do you think Wonder Woman will manage to hit the $300M ?

Edited by LPLC

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Guessing

China - 20

Taiwan - 4

Middle East - 4

Japan - 3

Thailan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam - 4.5

Latin America - No idea. May be 5-6

UK and Europe - 3-4 may be

Total - $43-46mn opening weekend. 

It'll drop like a rock next weekend in China once the piracy hits

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Saudi Arabia and UAE start is very low. Saudi is a rich country, piracy shouldn't have been that big an issue there. Mulan did more than TENET in UAE.

The marketing seems like a bigger problem.

I know it wasn’t straight up banned, but could regional tension with Gadot’s country of origin be a factor?

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

I know it wasn’t straight up banned, but could regional tension with Gadot’s country of origin be a factor?

Israel currently has great relations with the UAE, much better than when the original was released.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tower said:

Israel currently has great relations with the UAE, much better than when the original was released.

I was asking about Saudi Arabia much more than the UAE, should have been more clear. And the Saudi market basically didn’t exist when WW1 came out, making comparison there impossible. Some googling suggests that Israel-Saudi relations aren't too bad at the moment though, so I’m not putting much weight on it.