Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

On 9/8/2023 at 6:32 PM, SpiderByte said:

There's a low chance they'd do it this far into the series, but I wonder if the series would ever pivot to an R rated entry. The books, as written, are much more gory and horrifying in the violence than the movies are.

One problem is the idea of  a dictaroship in the US is now something to be taken damn seriously, and the comic book level distopia  of in the original novels might not play well today.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

One problem is the idea of  a dictaroship in the US is now something to be taken damn seriously, and the comic book level distopia  of in the original novels might not play well today.

That...doesn't seem to have stopped any movie with a dystopia. Including this one?

Nearly every shot in this film is a wide lens shot I see...

Well, this confirms my theory that Viola Davis makes everything seem more worth watching. Rachel Zegler is very attractive, I can see why incels are scared of her. Excited for Hunter Schafer using the Euphoria fame to get into big Hollywood movies era.

• Like 5
  • Heart 2

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

This movie is not making enough of an imprint on social media metrics for it to be a hit. Lionsgate proving they are the worst studio once again.

Baffling that this hasn't seemed to be trending at ALL on Twitter. That is unheard of for a big franchise movie, especially one that should be YA-driven like this. Lionsgate is cursed outside of John Wick at this point.

• Like 1

It's too early to write this movie's obituary but it may be that audiences have just had their fill of this franchise already. Not every successful film can sustain endless sequels. It's also possible that mainstream interest in these begin and end with JLaw. I agree that the trailers have been good though.

49 minutes ago, Eric Poirot said:

Baffling that this hasn't seemed to be trending at ALL on Twitter. That is unheard of for a big franchise movie, especially one that should be YA-driven like this. Lionsgate is cursed outside of John Wick at this point.

Not really. The original series ended a while ago, and Hunger Games never hit the same kind of highs as Twilight or Harry Potter movie wise

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, Eric Poirot said:

This could partially be because twitter is just full of you know whats and the entire site is unusable now.

• Like 3