Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

58 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Interest in THG started to fade when they left the arena. I think having an actual Hunger Games is gonna be a big draw for people. This will surprise.

I agree. "The games" are the hook of that franchise. It's the reason why THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE was able to increase from the first. It's very rare for a sequel to a first movie that did 400M to outgross it. The only other movie to do something similar was FROZEN II.

36 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I agree. "The games" are the hook of that franchise. It's the reason why THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE was able to increase from the first. It's very rare for a sequel to a first movie that did 400M to outgross it. The only other movie to do something similar was FROZEN II.

Agree with your point overall but I think another factor was that Catching Fire is also considered the best book. For this prequel I think I think there is more than one reason to believe it will overperform:

1. Return to the actual games unlike Mockingjay.

2. Nostalgia from the fanbase, it's been 8 years since the last one and 11 since the first movie.

3. About the nostalgia, the book was released on the similar gap of time (10 years from Mockingjay) and the first week was bigger than the last of the trilogy in terms of copies sold.

4. The Hunger Games have seen a raise in popularity lately with the movies beign on Netflix.

5. 8th most anticipated movie on Fandango with a November date (only Aquaman was further from it's release)

6. Look at the Squid Games success, there is now a new generation of teens who can be catch on the Battle Royale craze.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Agree with your point overall but I think another factor was that Catching Fire is also considered the best book. For this prequel I think I think there is more than one reason to believe it will overperform:

1. Return to the actual games unlike Mockingjay.

2. Nostalgia from the fanbase, it's been 8 years since the last one and 11 since the first movie.

3. About the nostalgia, the book was released on the similar gap of time (10 years from Mockingjay) and the first week was bigger than the last of the trilogy in terms of copies sold.

4. The Hunger Games have seen a raise in popularity lately with the movies beign on Netflix.

5. 8th most anticipated movie on Fandango with a November date (only Aquaman was further from it's release)

6. Look at the Squid Games success, there is now a new generation of teens who can be catch on the Battle Royale craze.

Forgive me, I haven't read the book. Is it any good?

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Forgive me, I haven't read the book. Is it any good?

I have hear good things abp

out them but only read Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. The take on my comment was based on review sites where Catching Fire rank almost always at the top of the series which correlate qith the movie. Personally I think that was also the best movie of the saga.

• Like 1

Zegler desperately needs one for sure. Like Robbie desperately needs Barbie to be a big hit. Nobody would've survived this row of flops back in old days (unless you are John Travolta), but in streaming era and stuff it's not nearly as fatal.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, Mickiland16 said:

I have hear good things abp

out them but only read Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. The take on my comment was based on review sites where Catching Fire rank almost always at the top of the series which correlate qith the movie. Personally I think that was also the best movie of the saga.

I meam I haven't read THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS AND SNAKES so I really don't have an idea about the story. Will there be other books?

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I meam I haven't read THE BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS AND SNAKES so I really don't have an idea about the story. Will there be other books?

Without spoiling too much, the ending sets up the Snow we know from the movies (although he isn't a nice person since the start but it gets worse) but I don't think there's enough story left for a direct sequel like Catching Fire and there hasn't been any news about other books. If there is another I think it would be another another games with mostly different characters (Snow would probably still present even if he's not the main character)

• Like 1