Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Yeah-it seemed odd the trailer was that short, when X-Men had a really long teaser.

It is like how when I saw 10,000 BC's teaser at I am Legend it was longer then the trailer I saw in February 2008.

One of the oddest is still how I saw Over the Hedge's trailer at 3 different films in April 2006, yet each trailer was a different one. I remember thinking even "Dang how many trailers does this film have?"

I went to the Ender's Game at 4:45 PM (Non-IMAX showing) at AMC Cupertino 16.

The theater was almost entirely sold out... I think 95%.

Good movie, enjoyable but not an epic. I would like to reread the book though.

THOR 2 THE DARDK WORLD 3.15PM

CARIBBEAN CINEMAS MEGAPLEX 7

TRAILERS: a weird thing happened there was no sound at all during the trailers , a guy went out to probably mention this ,then someone came in with a  walkie talkie and said sorry we have  a problem with the sound and then midway through "the best man holiday" the sound came back phew and no other problems arise during the rest of the movie , i'm a bit sad because i didnt pay attention to the new marvel logo and i keep reading about it , maybe next time when i go see it again i'll pay attention 

again i'll say by now who gets up out of a marvel film before all the end credits rolls  tsk tsk...

black nativity 

the wizard of oz 3D

need for speed

the best man holiday (looks good)

captain america (the more i see it the more i like it)

THE FILM : love it its awesome and i will be seeing it again there wasnt a lot of people maybe 40 tops it was afternoon , people tend to go to the movies at night here, except if you're like me without means of transportation couple with a preference for seeing a film with a less likely rowdy crowd

ps: loki rhymes with sexyyyy lolll :wub:  thor rhymes with roar ^_^

• Like 1

Film: 12 Years a Slave

Time: 12:55

Crowd: 80% full (average age had to be about 65)

Cinema: London, Ontario

Trailers:

Inside Llewyn Davis - Few laughs

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Hadn't seen this before, some chatter

Black Nativity - Nothing

The Film:

Very good, probably the best film i've seen this year so far. The acting is collectively top notch, Ejiofor is a lock for a best actor nom at least, Lupita Nyong'o has a great chance at taking home supporting actress and Fassbender should get a supporting actor nomination. Personally, i still think Quaron has best director in the bag. Mcqueen lingers on shots too often for my liking when it doesn't particular add any extra emotion to the scene. It's a powerful film that won't appeal to everyone because of it's brutality but it's pretty much essential viewing for anyone who loves cinema. 

ENDER'S GAME 2PM

CARIBBEAN CINEMAS MEGAPLEX 7

trailer

secret life of walter mitty

hunger games

the film

one of my fav scifi films of the year , i enjoyed myself , i thought it was original the premise

i was entertained and just felt it was a fun ride 

amazed by asa butterfield acting , he's a rising star for sure with right projects 

harrison ford and viola davis give solid performances , really loved ender's story 

i'd love to read the book to know more about his world 

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

12 Years a Slave

November 17, 3:20 PM, 30% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers (no reactions)

Dallas Buyers Club

Belle

Nebraska

Black Nativity

Liked it, but was thinking I'd like it more. Audience was annoying, there was this woman sitting behind me who kept on making comments like "This is why you should never trust a white man," or "Typical white woman, never caring about anybody but herself." Two people walked out angry during the

rape scene

and never came back. There were also these three girls who were twelve at the oldest with no parents sitting in front of me, which caused me to wonder if they knew what movie they had snuck into. I was surprised they stayed and watched the whole thing. Overall, it was a certainly interesting time at the movies...

12 Years a Slave

November 17, 3:20 PM, 30% full

Trailers (no reactions)

Dallas Buyers Club

Belle

Nebraska

Black Nativity

Liked it, but was thinking I'd like it more. Audience was annoying, there was this woman sitting behind me who kept on making comments like "This is why you should never trust a white man," or "Typical white woman, never caring about anybody but herself." Two people walked out angry during the

rape scene

and never came back. There were also these three girls who were twelve at the oldest with no parents sitting in front of me, which caused me to wonder if they knew what movie they had snuck into. I was surprised they stayed and watched the whole thing. Overall, it was a certainly interesting time at the movies...

Booo to you. 

Film: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire IMAX

Time: 20:00

Crowd: 95% (about 80% female)

Trailers:

Divergent - Looks okay

The Hobbit 2 - Chatter

The Film:

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was never a big fan of the first film and I've never read the books so I went into the film with low expectations. The first half is fantastic and doesn't follow the typical blockbuster traits. There are a lot of powerful scenes and Jennifer Lawrence pretty much owns the screen. The second half featuring the actual games was surprisingly less interesting. The games themselves this time are not as entertaining as the one from the first film. Overall the film is still one of the better ones this year and I can now state that I will be eagerly anticipating the next film in the series.

There was applause at the end and lots of giggly chatter from the younger girls in the audience. 

Film: The Hunger Games: Catching FireTime: 8:00pmCrowd: 85%, mostly femaleTrailers: DivergentI, FrankensteinThe hobbitWalter MittyNeed for speedAmerican hustle47 roninThis film was AWESOME. No other simple way to put it. Freaking fantastic. There wasn't a moment where I stopped smiling or crying. The film is beautiful.

• Like 1

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in IMAX

November 21, 8:00 PM, 100% full

Trailers

RoboCop - a lot of people were making "Robophobic" jokes

Divergent - tons of murmurs

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - some joking around after the end of the trailer was paused so we could get a personal introduction from the manager.

SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. Best blockbuster of the year easily. Audiences laughed at the appropriate times, but there was no applause at the end as it ended rather abruptly. It was a great time though.

• Like 2

Posted Image

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in RPX

(SPOILER-FREE!)

12:01AM Friday, November 22nd

Regal Fenway 13 & RPX

Theater Capacity: 600 (?) (95% full... effectively sold out, as were the other 12 screens at the theater tonight. Virtually all patrons were college students, 50/50 split of guys and girls)

Ticket Price: $16.00

Concessions: n/a (***In 7 years, this was the busiest I've ever seen the concession booths at the theater. There were literally lines hundreds of people long waiting to get popcorn and candy)

TRAILERS:

Anchorman 2 - this was a featurette about the dog, Baxter; it got some laughs and lots of talking, but wasn't really a trailer

[... aaaaaaaaand that was it for trailers.]

THE FILM:

I loved it! First, I'm going to tell you why.

Last weekend a couple friends and I decided to each come up with our 5 or 10 favorite movies. Immediately, my mind filled up with titles to add, but I ended up with a list of 11 movies. Those 11 films--both old and new and spanning multiple genres--have something special about them that really stand out and seem to move me in a way other films may have fallen short. When I watched Catching Fire I went in knowing only what I'd watched in the first film--I never picked up one of Suzanne Collins books--and scene-after-scene it was like an element from each of those 11 films I love so much made its way into the picture. Like, seriously, I cannot make this sh*t up.

This dystopian concoction is such an engrossing idea, pieced from so many elements of the not-so-utopian world we live in presently that I'm fascinated by the level of detail you find. Thematically, visually, and narratively, Catching Fire is one of the most epic sequels that managed to exceed my admittedly modest expectations. The caliber of acting is apparent, with an exemplary lead in Jennifer Lawrence's "Katniss Everdeen". There's so much creativity to marvel at in Catching Fire: the turns in the story, the multiple locations throughout their world, the costume & make-up design (seriously... it's like Haus of Gaga went to town on the set).

The crowd made this an epically fun time. Between everybody "Woohoo"-ing at the Regal roller coaster before the trailer(s) began and everyone erupting in applause and discussion immediately when the picture ended, Catching Fire was an especially fun movie to enjoy in theaters. If you haven't already, watch The Hunger Games immediately (***it's on Netflix Instant) and go to see Catching Fire in theaters between now and Cyber Monday while the crowds will contribute to a more memorable movie-going experience. While it can get a little dark, I think this is a four-quadrante movie and, thus, encourage everyone in the family to watch it together. There's really something for everyone in these movies.

Experience - 30/30

Story/Writing - 20/20

Acting - 13/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 14/15

Directing - 7/10

Music - 8/10

THE VERDICT: 92/100, A

• Like 3

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

November 29, 11:10 AM, 60% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers

Vampire Academy - a laugh

Maleficent - murmurs

Noah - murmurs

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - laughs

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - no reaction

I, Frankenstein - "that looks so stupid"

Movie was good again. Crowd was eh, they laughed when they should've but the people behind us talked during a bit of the movie and my brother kept on checking his phone to make sure we'd be out of there by 1:50 (he had to be at work by 2.) Movie let out 1:45 so ha!