Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Libs from KJ stated, "Savages has sold out the 7:05 show at Lincoln Square and 8:10 show at Kips Bay in NYC, and will soon sell out the 7:45 show at Century City in LA. I could see a $5,000 PTA, I think it has appeal to a Hispanic audience that probably shouldn't be underestimated."

Along with that, I've also seen some sell-outs for Ted and Amazing Spider-Man in the NYC area. Libs is right, I wouldn't underestimate Savages at this point. I'd say in the range of $12-14M seems likely.

Plus, THR's Early Friday Numbers has Savages at 4-5m range while Perry in the $2.5-3.5m range.

The Amazing Spiderman 2DRegal Arnot Mall 10July 3rd 9:45pm 50 - 60 (mostly over 25)Trailers Dark Knight Rises - I couldn't get a great feeling from the trailer because the people in the row behind wouldn't shut up. DID THEY KNOW WHATS ON THE FRICKEN SCREEN??The Watch - good reactionReviewI was very disappointed with this movie, it had a lot of problems. There were parts in the middle that were kind of boring, I wanted to see more uncle Ben because I liked the actor but I knew there was nothing they could really do about that, It was very anti-climatic, I never really cared if Spiderman saved the day, some of the scenes felt like I'm seen them before in other movies/tv shows, the score was forgettable and in the past 3 days I have forgotten a lot about this movie. Now there are a few positive's about this movie. Garfield and Stone give very great performances, and the Stan Lee cameo was just pure genius. Those 2 things couldn't save this movie.C+

• Like 1

The Amazing Spider-Man

7:15pm, Lie-MAX 3D, Theater was 90% full

Trailers:

The Dark Knight Rises - Some chatter

Skyfall - Some chatter

Frankenweenie - Not much of a reaction, we got the trailer from March, not the recent one

The Hobbit - Some chatter

Resident Evil: Retribution - No reaction

This film was very, very enjoyable. Great performances, some well-done action (loved the POV shots), surprisingly decent use of 3D and overall, it was very entertaining. At 136 minutes, it went by very fast. The audience really loved it, they applauded at the end. Many stayed for the post-credits scene as well.

B+

The Amazing Spider-Man

July 6, 9:30 PM, 85% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers

Wreck-It Ralph - People talked through until the rehab scene when everyone went "Bowser?" and then started paying attention.

Ice Age: Continental Drift - Got some laughs.

Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - Laughter at the trailer. I don't get why this is with Spider-Man at all.

The Bourne Legacy - No response

The Dark Knight Rises - Complete silence

Although the film started slow, it ended up being quite good. Andrew Garfield is a lot better than Tobey Maguire, and the origins were done differently enough to justify the retelling. I had my doubts about Lizard but I was proven wrong. The crowd loved it, about a fourth applauded at the end.

A-

Edited by Blankments

The Amazing Spider-Man

Harrisburg, PA

9:00pm Crowd: around 85%

You can't just have TASM on par or slightly better than Spider-Man 1 for it to be a class apart. Spider-Man 1 blew people away as a new thing in 2002. People simply were not awed by TASM because its already been attempted. Even if it had been attempted, the new attempt is not as ground breaking as Spider-Man 1. This is why with cheaper tickets, lower theaters and no 3D tax, Spider-Man 1 made 400+ Million at the Box Office while with all those fiscal advantages, TASM will make less than Spider-Man 3.

Spider-Man 1 - 8.5/10

Spider-Man 2 - 10/10

Spider-Man 3 - 6.5/10

TASM - 7.5/10

Despite the flaws in Spider-Man 1, there was a sense of newness and awe for something completely new, something never before attempted. if THIS TASM was released in 2001, it would have been a 9.5/10

Final Score 7.5 or B-

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

The Amazing Spider-Man 2DFriday, July 6th : 7:00pm320-340 seats around 80%Trailers -Wreck-it-Ralph : A little chatter and some signs of interest.The Bourne Legacy: ChatterSkyfall: ChatterThe Dark Knight Rises: Complete silence through the trailer, when it ended lots of people going "can't wait" and one guy in the row behind us claimed "I just came"________The Amazing Spider-Man 2DSaturday, July 7th : 4:25pm380 seats 90% fullTrailers -The Bourne Legacy : Some chatterAfter that I left to go to the restroom so I got back in right before the movie started and was trying to get back to my seat ignoring whatever was onscreen at the time. :P

Savages

Saturday, 8:10

Capacity: 187 seats; 80% full (mostly adult couples)

Trailers:

Flight- I really don't think I could watch this. My worst nightmare.

Jennifer Garner Jack in Beanstock movie- weird... no reaction

The Bourne Legacy- some chatter

The Watch- a few laughs, not too great a reception though, I think it looks horrible

Looper- Something about this movie seems off to me, probably looks more interesting than it is..

Alex Cross- Ughhh.. "Don't cross Alex Cross", Tyler Perry, seriously? Go away.

Film:

I thought it was pretty fucking awesome. I had no problem with the ending, in fact I liked the twist. Some of the dialogue was a little unnatural but all in all I thought it was a great gangster movie... acting was pretty strong. Salma Hayek was really good. Crowd seemed very engaged, really into it. Highly recommended.

Ice Age 4

Wimbledon Odeon

18:00

75% full 250+ seater

Simpsons short: Only about 2 minutes long, but it was a nice little animation...about caterpillars and butterflies. :lol:

Film:

Thoroughly enjoyed this one, much more so than number 2 and 3. Addition of some of the new characters is great, especially Sid's Grandma. Bloody hilarious she is. Beautiful animation as usual, and a ton of fun the whole way through.

B+

• Like 1

Savages4:10 showing95% full in a 135 seaterTrailers:End of Watch- This trailer has been shown so many times here most people can recite by heart. Awkward silenceBourne Legacy- Same thing as end of watch, looks good though!Odd Life of Timothy Green- What the hell was this doing there?Argo- Solid positive buzzFlight- Very positive buzz, looks great.The movie:I really enjoyed it. Good action, good story, good dialogue. Lively was mediocre in the lead, but Kitsch and Johnson were likable enough. Del Toro was absolutely incredible, and Travolta wasn't far behind. Enjoyed Hayek in this too. Crowd reacted well to the ending and the film in general. B+

• Like 1

Ted

7/8/12

10:00 showing

100 seater--98% full

Trailers:

The Campaign--laughter

Dredd--silence

For a Good Time Call--scattered laughter

Savages--silence

The Watch--very very muted laughter

The Bourne Legacy--silence

Movie:

Funniest film I've seen since the original Hangover. Ted was hilarious and I love every minute of it. It's a tad long but if your not laughing your caring for the characters. Both the main actors did a great job and Seth nailed it with the voice of Ted.

A-

The Amazing Spider Man in 2D8PM showing on Sunday 7/8/2012About 95% full in what I'd guess is a 250 seater or so. How do you guys know this info? :PTrailers:ParaNorman - Decent trailer, but zero reactionTotal Recall - pretty cool trailer, but no reaction either.The Dark Knight Rises Nokia trailer - best trailer ever, but no reaction really, other than some chatter afterward. The biggest thing was probably my having to contain a girlish squeal.The movie – I don’t understand the hate for this one on these forums. It was an awesome movie that was fun, light, yet very serious at times. Garfield was golden as Parker. He embodied the character perfectly and his acting was solid. There were some very emotional scenes for Parker’s character and Garfield knocked them out of the park. Emma as Gwen was solid. Nothing incredible. Nothing terrible. Solid. The villain was pretty stale, but provided enough of a threat that you really were concerned for Spiderman during some pivotal scenes leading up to the grand finale. The action was fun and the acrobatic high flying scenes reeled you in. All in all, I give this one an A, ranking it ahead of the original Spider Man, and yes, shoot me now, I enjoyed it more than The Avengers and thought that it was a more cohesive story with a more satisfying ending. Sue me.I was one of the folks who laughed at this movie’s box office in the ASM threads, but now that I have seen it, I hope for it to be a big success. I know it’s not going any further than 300 which is a shot in the dark already, but I feel this should be as successful as possible, considering I thought the filmmakers actually gave a shit about delivering a good film.

• Like 2

Ted2:50 PM Monday about 15 peopletrailersBourne Legacy - SilenceThe Campaign- laughsSavages - SilenceTed was funny but one time is more then enough for me.6.5/10Magic Mikeabout 30 peopleSunday 9:55 PMTrailersBourne Legacy- SlienceTotal Recall - SlienceThe Dark Knight Rises chatterThe Campaign laughtsgood and enjoyable6/10

Saw Brave the day after it opened. Sorry if I'm kind of late on this. 2:50 PM showing on 6/23/12 The theater was about 85-90% full.Kind of arrived a bit late and only caught two trailers. Despicable Me 2: Got some laughs at the end. Hotel Transylvania: Some chatterMini review: This film was great. Not too sure why some of the critics weren't too crazy about this. Sure it has some unexpected moments, but that isn't enough to ruin the film completely. It has just about what every good Pixar film has. The audience at my screening seemed to really enjoy it as they applauded at the end. A+

Ted5:30pm Wed30% fullTrailers:TDKR trailer 2 (such a great trailer)Looper- Good reactionThe Campaign- LaughsForgot the restMovie:Pretty good for about 30 minutes then falls apart. Jokes are redundant and there for shock factor after about half way through. Kunis was about the only thing I liked the whole time. Everything else was meh. Don't get why it's being called one of the funniest films of all time. Glad I only had to pay 3.50 for 2 tickets.C