Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Just now, filmlover said:

My showing was both sold out and really old and the Love, Simon trailer got a ton of laughs at the end ("I'm heterosexual, mom." "OH GOD HELP ME JESUS!" :lol:).

I still remember when I got the trailer at TGS last month, the generations were totally divided: teens liked it while seniors hated it :lol: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I still remember when I got the trailer at TGS last month, the generations were totally divided: teens liked it while seniors hated it :lol: 

Do you plan on wearing a trench coat to see that movie when it comes out (lol) so that nobody will spot you? :rofl:

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Judging by your crowd, the seniors are gonna turn Peter Rabbit and No Ship, Sherlock into $300M grossers. Mankini, his powah!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Judging by your crowd, the seniors are gonna turn Peter Rabbit and No Ship, Sherlock into $300M grossers. Mankini, his powah!

I got the Peter Rabbit trailer before three movies over the holidays (Greatest Showman, Jumanji, Pitch Perfect) and it had the audience at each of them in stitches somehow. So yeah, big numbers incoming.

Proud Mary

1:50

I'm not sure how full it was, we got in during the end of the last trailer.

Trailers, I'm actually typing this before I see it, these are guesses...let's see, am I right?

Red Sparrow

Black Panther

Rampage

Tomb Raider

A Quiet Place

I have no idea, there was an unusually long line filled with old people excited! about Greatest Showman and The Post and Three Billboards. We came in at the tail end of the Slender Man trailer, with no response. 

A lady came up to me and asked if I would buy her ticket too and I said "No????" until my mother called me (she was getting popcorn inside, in reality we could have snuck in!) and said she knew her. The guy at the box office was like "It's in theater eleven...but you knew that." and this movie has collectible tickets! We got the last three for our theater.

There were some laughs, some OOHs, mostly indifference. 

Spoiler

When that dude is being tortured with the nail gun I kept remembering that Young Conservatives twitter that asked "What kind of #Gun would #Jesus have?" and "Consider yourself blocked," when someone said "A nail gun." so I was trying not to laugh out loud there.

• Like 1

The Greatest Showman

January 14th, 3:55, <90% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16, Wilmington, NC

Previews

Midnight Sun

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (murmurs)

Peter Rabbit (laughs)

Isle of Dogs (laughs; a young child was initially scared, but quickly calmed down; "This looks really weird" - a family member)

Sherlock Gnomes (this really does look awful)

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (reactions when Cher is introduced)

Love, Simon (big laughs at the end)

Laughs and sniffling throughout. Claps at the end. This film is a real crowdpleaser!

Edited by slambros

The Post

January 15, 1:10 PM, 70% full

Trailers:

A Wrinkle in Time

Sicario 2: Soldado

Annihilation

Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again (Laughs, but then a huge response when Cher popped up. Someone even said her name out loud)

The 15:17 to Paris

Love, Simon (Big laughs at the ending line)

Red Sparrow

Audience laughed at appropriate moments, but it was mostly quiet save for a whisper here and there. People seemed to like it.

Darkest Hour

January 15, 1:35 PM, 60% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool: Murmurs

I, Tonya: No reactions

12 Strong: Murmurs

7 Days in Entebbe: Murmurs

Phantom Thread: No reactions

The audience was shockingly well-behaved. There were plenty of laughs and chuckles in appropriate moments, and there were some "hm!"s every so often. 

The Commuter

January 15, 4:00 PM, 30% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Death Wish: Murmurs

Gringo: Laughs

Annihilation: "I think we'll see the Gringo instead!" -Group of seniors behind me

Mortal Engines: No reactions

Sicario 2: Soldado: No reactions

Red Sparrow: Murmurs

The 15:17 to Paris: No reactions

Acrimony: No reactions

Winchester: Lots of reactions

The audience was dead silent for the first 75-80 minutes outside of a few laughs and one gasp. The climax had people veeeery involved :lol: An attempt at applause started at the credits.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Darkest Hour

January 15, 1:35 PM, 60% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool: Murmurs

I, Tonya: No reactions

12 Strong: Murmurs

7 Days in Entebbe: Murmurs

Phantom Thread: No reactions

The audience was shockingly well-behaved. There were plenty of laughs and chuckles in appropriate moments, and there were some "hm!"s every so often

The Commuter

January 15, 4:00 PM, 30% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Death Wish: Murmurs

Gringo: Laughs

Annihilation: "I think we'll see the Gringo instead!" -Group of seniors behind me

Mortal Engines: No reactions

Sicario 2: Soldado: No reactions

Red Sparrow: Murmurs

The 15:17 to Paris: No reactions

Acrimony: No reactions

Winchester: Lots of reactions

The audience was dead silent for the first 75-80 minutes outside of a few laughs and one gasp. The climax had people veeeery involved :lol: An attempt at applause started at the credits.

My Dad likes to say "hm" when watching movies too.

I got a TON for you guys, lol

Coco

December 9, 1:15 PM, 5% full

Carbondale 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

Duck Duck Goose

Sherlock Gnomes

Peter Rabbit - laughs

Ferdinand

Paddington 2

A Wrinkle in Time - my friend in front of me loudly proclaimed it looked like shit

Incredibles 2

Decent laughs at appropriate times but a small crowd. That said, I was crying through the entire end and during the credits, I noticed most of my friends were crying too.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

December 14, 7:45 PM, 100% full

Trailers

The Miracle Season

Annihilation

Alpha

Mortal Engines

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - I laughed so much

The Greatest Showman

Ready Player One

A Wrinkle in Time

Avengers: Infinity War - excitement when it began, some clapping when the Guardians showed up.

I put all the claptimes in the spoiler thread when it first came out, but this was a very excited audience that was really into it. Huge laughs, a lot of cheer moments, and a large applause at the end of the film. I would've never guessed its WOM from this screening.

The Disaster Artist

December 15, 2:55 PM, 5% full

Savoy 16 IMAX, Champaign, IL

Trailers

Blockers

Downsizing

All the Money in the World

Thoroughbreds

Game Night

Some stuff got decent laughs, but the crowd was so small it was really hard to say.

December 16, 6:50 PM, 85% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers

Early Man

Rampage

Alita: Battle Angel

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Avengers: Infinity War - talking afterwards

A much less reactive audience than my first go-around. The people behind me were audibly scoffing at points, although they also stuck through the credits to listen to the John Williams score. Still, had some laughs and scattered applause at the very end.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

December 17, 8:10 PM, 10% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers

Fifty Shades Freed

Hostiles

Phantom Thread

I, Tonya - some laughs

Isle of Dogs - chuckles

The Shape of Water

Some laughs at points. Two interesting things though: a rowdy group of teenagers talked throughout the first half hour then abruptly left, never to return, and with maybe 35 minutes left in the movie, a woman in front of me left, returned with a child at age 10 and had that kid play on her iPhone the whole time. Usually I'd be like "please stop," but since there was legitimately rape, graphic violence, and other disturbing stuff going on screen, I let the kid and woman be.

Lady Bird

December 18, 5:00 PM, 5% full

Trailers

The Disaster Artist

Phantom Thread

Molly's Game

Downsizing

The Shape of Water - my mom loudly proclaimed it looked weird.

Mild crowd for a mild movie. Some chuckles here and there and the ending had everyone be silent. A good time.

Coco

December 19, 11:50 AM, 5% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers (arrived late)

MISSED THEM ALL AND HONESTLY, DIDN'T MAKE IT THERE UNTIL ABOUT FIVE MINUTES INTO THE MOVIE

It was literally me, a friend, and two other people. There weren't any reactions besides my loud crying at the end.

The Disaster Artist

December 20, 4:35 PM, 5% full

Trailers

Game Night

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built - joke screams

The Shape of Water

Blockers - some laughs

Better crowd than the first time I saw it. Despite it being the same size, the jokes hit better and people laughed more. Also, I wasn't awkwardly pressured to leave the theater during the credits!!

The Shape of Water

December 22, 11:05 AM, 50% full

Schererville 16, Schererville, IN

Trailers

Lean on Pete

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built

A Quiet Place - a notably quiet reaction

Fifty Shades Darker

The 15:16 to Paris

The Post - murmurs

Isle of Dogs - some chuckles

Some moments got pretty big laughs. A few "oh mys". The ending didn't gain applause though, surprisingly.

December 23, 12:30 PM, 80% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers

Alpha - laughs

Annihilation

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - some laughs

Ready Player One

A Wrinkle in Time

Avengers: Infinity War - big talking afterwards; people again seemed surprised to see the Guardians there.

Again, some clapping at the end, and bigger laughs than my second viewing, but people were once again a bit more mellow. Still, it was a good time, and one that you could tell a lot of the audience was into it.

All the Money in the World

December 25, 7:05 PM, 40% full

Cinemark, Macedonia, OH

Trailers

The 15:17 to Paris

Fifty Shades Darker - god this was so awkward to sit next to my mom during

The Commuter

Lean on Pete

Samson

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool

Sicario 2: Soldado - my brother asked me if that was the guy from Star Wars

There might've been laughs at appropriate moments? I honestly don't remember, but I think people were audibly squirming during the ear scene.

Wonder

December 28, 5:15 PM, 85% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers (arrived late)

Early Man

Kids were laughing at a lot of points. My favorite reaction had to be a kid asking what a character meant when she said "her mom was in a funk" (said character's mother is an alcoholic.)

Coco

December 29, 4:05 PM, 45% full

Trailers (arrived late)

Sherlock Gnomes - laughs

Incredibles 2

The audience laughed a lot and was silent during sad parts. However, I just gotta shout out the kid behind me who asked very earnestly "is he dead?" in a scene where I'm pretty sure Hector was the only one on screen, and if it wasn't then, it was Miguel surrounded by like 8 dead characters lmao

Downsizing

December 30, 12:05 PM, 10% full

Trailers

Blockers

Chappaquiddick

Molly's Game

Isle of Dogs

A Quiet Place

Some laughs. I don't know. This movie was so forgettable I honestly forgot I saw it before I came across my document.

January 1, 6:50 PM, 25% full

Trailers (arrived late)

Rampage

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Avengers: Infinity War

Super dead crowd this time, EXCEPT for the adorable kid who laughing hysterically at every scene with a Porg. Honestly, that added a lot to the fun this go-around.

The Greatest Showman

January 3, 4:40 PM, 40% full

Trailers

Paddington 2

Samson

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

The Commuter

The Post

Love, Simon - god this was so awkward to sit next to my homophobic dad during

Some laughs here and there. An older woman went "Wow" after Never Enough and some douchebag teenagers mimicked her. Actually, those douches were there for a ton of it, and they really lacked any proper decorum, yelling DAMN during fights and shit like that. Annoyed me even though I didn't like the movie.

Coco

January 4, 2:10 PM, 30% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers

Sherlock Gnomes - laughs

Paddington 2

Early Man

Peter Rabbit  - some laughs

Sgt. Stubby - what is this

A Wrinkle in Time 

Incredibles 2

Some laughs at points. The audience was more dead than it ever was for Coco. That said, some kids clapped at the end.

Molly's Game

January 8, 11:50 AM, 40% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers (arrived late)

Den of Thieves

Gringo

Some laughs during it, biggest one came from Joe Keery's appearance. Otherwise, meh crowd for a meh movie.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

January 10, 8:00 PM, 50% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

The Miracle Season

Early Man

Sherlock Gnomes

Pacific Rim: Uprising

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Rampage

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Peter Rabbit

Big laughs throughout. Jack Black was clearly the audience favorite, but really this was a good time and you could tell everyone was enjoying it. Good stuff.

The Post

January 12, 7:00 PM, 70% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

A Wrinkle in Time

Annihilation

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

Sicario 2: Soldado

Ready Player One

Love, Simon

Red Sparrow

Some laughs at appropriate moments. It was an older crowd and the energy reflected that. Afterwards, someone said "What's Watergate? Guess I'm gonna have to Wikipedia that?"

Coco

January 14, 7:45 PM, 5% full

Trailers

Sherlock Gnomes

Peter Rabbit

A Wrinkle in Time

Incredibles 2

Small laughs at points, but it was a smaller crowd anyway. I liked the kid who shouted "Shiny!" when Miguel found Ernesto's guitar in the first act and who happily exited with his dad while the other five people in the theater were collectively sobbing during the end credits.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 4