Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

To actually add to that^, when I went with my friends to the midnight premiere of THG, we went out for drinks prior (aka our 'tail-gating' before the movie) and it was like....10pm and my friends were looking at me weird wondering why I wasn't drinking anything since we weren't going to leave till 11 and I was like, "nope! I'm not have a single drop of liquid in me because I am NOT missing any of the movie!!!".  And I didn't miss any of the movie :P

Well if I never went on to this site or BOM-I would never guess TLR was a bomb, considering how many sold out showings there were.

The Lone Ranger (XD)

3PM

About 90% full, all ages really, quite a few older folks though.

Trailers:

Pacific Rim (new trailer): First time I didn't hear anyone laughing or making a Godzilla comment! Good trailer, but I think they are starting the good marketing a little too late.

Red 2 (New trailer): Quite a bit of laughs, this probably did have the best reaction of the bunch.

RIPD: A couple laughs-nothing big. The ending of the trailer changed.

Wolverine 2 (New Trailer): Looks really good.

Delivery Man (new trailer): Looks a lot better then the old one, it actually does not look that bad, it seems like a dramedy.

Thor 2: Quite a bit of talking.

Movie: Very enjoyable. The cinematography was fantastic. The music was good, and when the Lone Ranger theme came at the ending the audience clapped like crazy. The audience really enjoyed it-laughed at Depp a lot. He was pretty funny in his character. I didn't find the film as violent as some say, yeah it was violent, but not the most violent film Disney has done (Found Pirates 4 more violent). The ending was pretty well done and probably was my favorite part. I didn't find it as long as it was actually. The audience made it a really enjoyable experience though.

I give this either a A- or a B+, have to think about it, but I will see this again on Blu Ray.

You know if they keep this movie just playing here for a while it should make it's budget back ;)

• Like 2

Monsters University

12:10 PM

Probably about 25%-30% full.

Trailers:

Free Birds: I forgot about this film. It looks meh, though there was one line I did find amusing (when the turkey is talking to his reflection.) Only a couple laughs (Really the only trailer that had not that many laughs)

Lego: A bunch of "What the hecks?" when the trailer began. Some laughs here and there, followed by some "That looks odd" The parts people really laughed were the Batman part and the part at the end.

Turbo: Some laughs.

Cloudy 2: The best reaction out of all the trailers. Looks pretty funny too.

Frozen: I do have to admit the animation is really good, quite a bit of laughs. But as teasers do, does not tell you anything. (Considering they don't even tell you its about a princess!)

Planes: Few laughs, most came from the very last line in the trailer.

Short: Very very odd, good animation. The music was not that bad. But I can't grade the short itself as it is just odd. Can't tell you if I liked it or not. (I wanted to see the people's faces!!!!)  Parts of it did remind me of a old cartoon though.

Movie: Pretty good, not as good as the first I will admit. I did like the opening, and the part towards the end in the

campground that seemed like a horror film

got tons of laughs. The animation was great (well no surprise). The music was good also. (I was wondering if this is the 70s, that is my guess). The part before the end credits I enjoyed seeing the pictures that showed us a couple characters from the first, and

Roz's appearance

was really funny and people liked that.

I think I will give this a A-. 

• Like 3

Film: This is the end

Time: 10:55am

Crowd - 4 people

Cinema: Bradford, U.K

Trailers:

Monsters University

The Heat

The Film:

I enjoyed it. I'm a fan of Pineapple express, knocked up etc... and I like the style of humor that these guys have. I didn't find it to be quite as hilarious as maybe I had expected due to the great reviews. I think i will enjoy it more on a second viewing with more people as the cinema was dead.

7/10

Despicable Me 2

2:10 PM, 2-D showing

Cinemark 16 and XD, Harlingen, Texas, USA

Audience - Mixture of teenagers, couples, kids. About 95% full. 

Trailers

R.I.P.D - Personally, I didn't expect this trailer to be attached to DM2, but it got a good reaction.

Cloudy 2 - "Meh" reaction

Planes - "Meh" reaction

Free Birds - The yellow suit guys got some laughs

Ender's Game - a few guys behind me said, "Oh my God, Ender's Game is going to be a movie. That's awesome." Otherwise, not much of a reaction.

Overall, my audience didn't seem too interested in the trailers.

Movie

I liked it. It didn't have the emotional punch the original had, but it got a lot of laughs out of me (and I thought the story was very cute). I wish the girls, Gru's mom and Dr. Nefario had more screen time, though. Some plot problems, but not overwhelming. I loved the original, and I thought this was a solid follow-up to the original. Second-best animated film of the year so far, IMO (my ranking: 1. MU, 2. DM2, 3. Croods, 4. Epic). I rate it 7.5/10. 

I should also point out an interesting demographic note about this movie - I live in an area where the population is about 90% Mexican-American (and I am as well). The audience I had was 99% Hispanic, and they and I loved all the Spanish/Mexican jokes riddled throughout the movie. There are (like in the original) some jokes only Spanish speakers would get, and they got a ton of laughs out of my audience. Minions got a lot of laughs, but some of the jokes with Gru, Lucy, and the girls got equally as many. The biggest laugh was

bringing the unconscious "fake" woman Shannon back home

. Overall, my audience enjoyed it with the exception of a few "It was ok"s as I was leaving. 

Edited by Ladybug
  • Like 1

Star Trek Into Darkness

Splau (Barcelona - Spain) 9.45PM 60% full. Most of the audience 25+ aged.

Trailers

WWZ – good reaction. Talks after trailer

Thor 2 – no reactions

Review

I was expecting a lot and JJ didn’t disappoint me. It was an amazing experience, thrilling, compelling. There was some chatter when Cumberbatch revealed his true identity. Best of the Summer so far.

Solid A

• Like 2

He has no dad (sad story there), so I often take him to movies and stuff, same with my dad.

I'm sure he will really enjoy it if I take him to see PR, we are going to Disneyland next week, so maybe before going there one day I will take him.

Posted Image

Pacific Rim

3:00PM Friday, July 12th

AMC Boston Common 19 & Lie-MAX

Theater Capacity: 340 (70% full; surprised by turnout considering additional showings and time of day)

Ticket Price: $10.75

Concessions: large popcorn and medium coke zero, $11.50 (I was starving!)

TRAILERS:

2 Guns - some talking

Captain Phillips - suspenseful trailer, some whispers from the crowd

Gravity - great trailer, lots of talking; there was one guy laughing during it like a doofus, though.

The Wolverine - cool trailer and lots of talking, good reaction

Seventh Son - CGI overload, no reaction from crowd

THE FILM:

Imagine if The Power Rangers and Transformers had a baby. Now also imagine if Godzilla and Starship Troopers had a baby. Now finally imagine those babies grew up and wanted to have a child together but couldn't do it naturally, so they turned to 2012 to act as a surrogate mother using both's "ingredients". Pacific Rim is the end result, and all parties responsible should be proud of their work.

The casting included solid choices; no single actor went above or below the expectations you'll have for their characters. They all remained believable throughout (and for the record, I'm so happy Charlie Day was in this!). The story was well-explained and orchestrated well enough from the start that you cozily suspend disbelief throughout the picture. There were multiple occasions where I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "Come on. Seriously?!" But on the whole, these moments were great because Pacific Rim is such an orgy of special effects and fun action scenes that their futility put the real goal(s) of the picture into perspective.

My crowd seemed to have enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it had everyone on the edge of their seats, but it definitely had everyone enjoying the ride. A lot of critics were saying that this movie was not only made for 12-year-old boys, but that it'll make you feel like one too, and I agree with these statements 100%. I think what I like best about Pacific Rim is that it left me with the feeling that anything is possible, and that's the kind of feeling my favorites--the classics--leave you with. Definitely a fun, shameless, ridiculous ride with beautiful imagery and an excellent pace. Kudos Guillermo Del Toro.

Experience - 28/30

Story/Writing - 17/20

Acting - 13/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Directing - 10/10

Music - 9/10

THE VERDICT: 92/100, A

Comments, likes, and feedback are always appreciated. Thank you. :-)

• Like 2

Posted Image

Pacific Rim

3:00PM Friday, July 12th

AMC Boston Common 19 & Lie-MAX

Theater Capacity: 340 (70% full; surprised by turnout considering additional showings and time of day)

Ticket Price: $10.75

Concessions: large popcorn and medium coke zero, $11.50 (I was starving!)

TRAILERS:

2 Guns - some talking

Captain Phillips - suspenseful trailer, some whispers from the crowd

Gravity - great trailer, lots of talking; there was one guy laughing during it like a doofus, though.

The Wolverine - cool trailer and lots of talking, good reaction

Seventh Son - CGI overload, no reaction from crowd

THE FILM:

Imagine if The Power Rangers and Transformers had a baby. Now also imagine if Godzilla and Starship Troopers had a baby. Now finally imagine those babies grew up and wanted to have a child together but couldn't do it naturally, so they turned to 2012 to act as a surrogate mother using both's "ingredients". Pacific Rim is the end result, and all parties responsible should be proud of their work.

The casting included solid choices; no single actor went above or below the expectations you'll have for their characters. They all remained believable throughout (and for the record, I'm so happy Charlie Day was in this!). The story was well-explained and orchestrated well enough from the start that you cozily suspend disbelief throughout the picture. There were multiple occasions where I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "Come on. Seriously?!" But on the whole, these moments were great because Pacific Rim is such an orgy of special effects and fun action scenes that their futility put the real goal(s) of the picture into perspective.

My crowd seemed to have enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it had everyone on the edge of their seats, but it definitely had everyone enjoying the ride. A lot of critics were saying that this movie was not only made for 12-year-old boys, but that it'll make you feel like one too, and I agree with these statements 100%. I think what I like best about Pacific Rim is that it left me with the feeling that anything is possible, and that's the kind of feeling my favorites--the classics--leave you with. Definitely a fun, shameless, ridiculous ride with beautiful imagery and an excellent pace. Kudos Guillermo Del Toro.

Experience - 28/30

Story/Writing - 17/20

Acting - 13/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Directing - 10/10

Music - 9/10

THE VERDICT: 92/100, A

Comments, likes, and feedback are always appreciated. Thank you. :-)

Acting- 13/15... are you serious? :blink:

• Like 2

The acting isn't Oscar-caliber, but that doesn't mean that it isn't mostly good. I attempt to justify my grading within the content of my "FILM" description. And to that end, I think every role was really good. Maybe I was a little generous on Charlie Hunman, but in my defense I've binge watched Undeclared for the first time twice this summer and was excited just to see him headlining in a major motion picture after all these years.

Pacific Rim

July 12, 6:35 PM, 65% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers

Planes - a lot of "What?" reactions

Elysium - no reaction

Gravity - murmurs

The Seventh Son - Laughter at the end (probably because it looks terrible)

Loved the movie and the audience was pretty reactive. Laughed a lot and everyone seemed to enjoy it. No applause at the end though.