TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

is the movie perhaps too much of a comedy to properly translate to other languages?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

is the movie perhaps too much of a comedy too properly transalte to other languages?

Probably, iirc Ragnarok didn't go very well there too.

Guardians 2 was even worse, and i'm sure Thor humor will be close to Guardians than Ragnarok this time around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Probably, iirc Ragnarok didn't go very well there too.

Guardians 2 was even worse, and i'm sure Thor humor will be close to Guardians than Ragnarok this time around.

Ragnarok sold over 4.8 million admits in korea. That is Big for that market considering population is 51.8 million. Guardians 1 did flop in korea but Guardians 2 did much better but still well below Ragnarok levels(think it was around 2.5 million admits). So wont compare both those movies. 

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Ragnarok sold over 4.8 million admits in korea. That is Big for that market considering population is 51.8 million. Guardians 1 did flop in korea but Guardians 2 did much better but still well below Ragnarok levels(think it was around 2.5 million admits). So wont compare both those movies. 

I was talking about the movies reception, i think they're all pretty meh there, humor didn't click.

The best one was Ragnarok but irrc still not top tier MCU there like in US for example.

Some people really developed hate for Taika lol 

I always find funny how someone can hate such a harmless movie like Jojo Rabbit so much 

Anyway, this is the first real bad reaction out of +100. I think she just reviews TV shows but still, there it is.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I always find funny how someone can hate such a harmless movie like Jojo Rabbit so much 

Anyway, this is the first real bad reaction out of +100. I think she just reviews TV shows but still, there it is.

I found a few more bad ones. Gotta search for them. Feels like GOTG2 level reviews imo. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

i've counted 4 negative ones so far

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

Its always hilarious when people isooate a couple of wuotes as trebd setters. Its a comedy sequel to ragnarok, comedy sequels always have more tepud reqctions compared tot heir predecessor.

Its gonba be well received.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I found a few more bad ones. Gotta search for them. Feels like GOTG2 level reviews imo. 

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

i've counted 3 or 4 negative ones so far

Yeah, give some extra look here and found them.

I think they showed to more "serious" critics today. But yeah, looks like GOTG2 give it or take a few points.

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

The reason why Jojo Rabbit mixed reviews were baffling was because the movie was awesome. 

Idk, I can see why people thought a movie about the persecution of Jews containing a sympathetic, "good" Nazi and ending with a feel-good dance was bad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

And when i said they can't? I just said i find it funny because to me is an extremelly harmless movie, i think you're overthinking this

The only harmful movies that ever existed are films like Birth of a Nation and Leni Riefensthal films. You don't think it's funny people are hating on harmless movies like The Emoji Movie too? This movie is harmless too but a bunch of people think it's bad. Funny, no?

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

The only harmful movies that ever existed are films like Birth of a Nation and Leni Riefensthal films. You don't think it's funny people are hating on harmless movies like The Emoji Movie too? This movie is harmless too but a bunch of people think it's bad. Funny, no?

Yes, i think it´s funny too, your point again?

To hate the movie, to be clear, not to think it´s bad, because once again that´s not what i said.