eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

15 hours ago, Thomas Beck said:

Don't see why the general public would have any interest in this third (or is it maybe fourth?) reboot of FF now, when the MCU brand is in the gutter. Unless something changes there we're looking at yet another superhero movie bomb.

This is going to make the Marvels look like the Endgame. 

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Anecdotal as hell ofc, but my brother in law who is easily the biggest comic book geek I know and has always had FF way up there in his favorites, told me over the holidays “geez, just let it rest, it doesn’t work in movies”… when I asked him his thoughts here. He’s also a big Pascal fan from GoT and TLOU especially, so I was surprised that didn’t get him a little hyped at least. 

But that’s another uphill battle this movie has, fighting against 3 existing FF movies with terrible reps as a second reboot to boot. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Anecdotal as hell ofc, but my brother in law who is easily the biggest comic book geek I know and has always had FF way up there in his favorites, told me over the holidays “geez, just let it rest, it doesn’t work in movies”… when I asked him his thoughts here. He’s also a big Pascal fan from GoT and TLOU especially, so I was surprised that didn’t get him a little hyped at least. 

But that’s another uphill battle this movie has, fighting against 3 existing FF movies with terrible reps as a second reboot to boot. 

yeah, I do not understand why studios keep trying to make this a thing, the first two reboots showed how cheesy these characters are on the big screen.

5 hours ago, Belakor said:

yeah, I do not understand why studios keep trying to make this a thing, the first two reboots showed how cheesy these characters are on the big screen.

Yeah they are kind of silly character honestly. I think you need to adapt the hell out of them to make it work right in live action. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah they are kind of silly character honestly. I think you need to adapt the hell out of them to make it work right in live action. 

...there have been several fantastic four movies already. I don't think the premise of the origin is the issue.

Trying to make it "serious" is how in Fant4stic "it's clobbering time" comes from Bens brother physically abusing him

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

...there have been several fantastic four movies already. I don't think the premise of the origin is the issue.

Trying to make it "serious" is how in Fant4stic "it's clobbering time" comes from Bens brother physically abusing him

Gosh, that movie was incredibly bad. Serious doesn't necessarily mean dark, I'm not sure why some directors, writers and fans don't get it.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Gosh, that movie was incredibly bad. Serious doesn't necessarily mean dark, I'm not sure why some directors, writers and fans don't get it.

A lot of movies completely misunderstood what made Chronicle work, including the people that made Chronicle. It was a nice capoff to the found footage trend at the time, with a clever gimmick to make it less shakeycam heavy. But that tone does not work for the Fantastic Four or the frigging Power Rangers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Please, please, please don't write another origin story.  Just have the 4 already powered up, as a team, ready to go.  Their stories are what sell, not their origin, especially in 2023.

I’m pretty sure I recall it being mentioned last year that they wouldn’t be redoing the origin. Besides, they didn’t do that with Spider-Man. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m pretty sure I recall it being mentioned last year that they wouldn’t be redoing the origin. Besides, they didn’t do that with Spider-Man. 

Yes, but then that 1960s stuff has been bandied about the last few pages...and if they are going to the 60s and the space race, they are doing another origin story...again.  Please may that rumor be made up!

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Yes, but then that 1960s stuff has been bandied about the last few pages...and if they are going to the 60s and the space race, they are doing another origin story...again.  Please may that rumor be made up!

The Fantastic Four’s backstory could still be tied into the 1960s, without showing us precisely how they get their powers. 

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Please, please, please don't write another origin story.  Just have the 4 already powered up, as a team, ready to go.  Their stories are what sell, not their origin, especially in 2023.

Marvel does better in telling original story:

Iron Man >> Ironman 2

Thor>>thor2

Ant-Man>>Ant-Man2

DS>>>MoM

BP>>BP2

GOTG>>GOTG3

Avengers>AoU

Most people say Winter soldier was the best CA movie but for me TFA>WS

Even Captain Marvel is much better than The Marvels

If F4 is not an origin story then it's a bad news, expect another B turd

Edited by Willowra