eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

10 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

This will move to 2026. 

I mean, it kinda has to if it's filming in late 2024. These films need at LEAST 8 months of so the earliest I would shoot for is Fall/Winter 2025. I'd just push it to May 1st, 2026.

28 minutes ago, YM! said:

Yeah doubt this makes Summer 2025.

Filming being pushed to this summer already cemented that outcome for me. At least now we know why that happened. This and Blade are likely being pushed back to 2026 at this point, with Captain America 4 taking this movie's May spot while Thunderbolts heads to that November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manny G said:

Keep telling yourself that Lfmao 

It's literally not a page one rewrite. We already know it. Everyone here just takes literally any news about anything Marvel and takes it to the furthest insane conclusion. Fantastic Four films in the summer instead of spring? IMMINENT DISASTER 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manny G said:

Keep telling yourself that Lfmao 

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm with @SpiderByte on this one. This source explicitly states it's not a full rewrite, but rather slight alterations to Friedman's script. I wouldn't be surprised if he still gets a screenplay credit for the final film on top of the story credit he'll no doubt get. I don't blame you in the slightest for feeling the way you do after how much of a letdown Marvel's slate has been these past couple of years, but I'll hold off on worrying unless we start hearing some truly troubling news from the production. At least they've learned from what happened to their Daredevil sequel and are writing any potential issues out before cameras roll. That has to count for something.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 12:43 PM, WittyUsername said:

They should move it to November. I’m not sure where that would leave the Blade movie, but Thunderbolts can take the May spot if it starts filming next month like Sebastian Stan claimed. 

If it's going to hit 2025, it's November or bust. Absolutely no doubt there.

As for Blade... the fact that Coogler and Jordan - who both benefited quite well under the Disney/Marvel banner - are doing their own rival vampire film elsewhere... tells you exactly how things are going for the Daywalker.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

As for Blade... the fact that Coogler and Jordan - who both benefited quite well under the Disney/Marvel banner - are doing their own rival vampire film elsewhere... tells you exactly how things are going for the Daywalker.

I don't really see how that's relevant since neither of them were involved with Blade in literally any way.

Edited by SpiderByte

37 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't really see how that's relevant since neither of them were involved with Blade in literally any way

It is because of the rumored plot of both films involves period pieces with vampires it is. 

8 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

It is because of the rumored plot of both films involves period pieces with vampires it is. 

...almost every fucking vampire movie is a period piece. I really don't see how it's an indictment on Blade. I don't see how "has vampires" indicates Coogler also making one is somehow meant as a blow to Marvel. He wasn't involved with it in any capacity.

Edited by SpiderByte