charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (7/23) Numbers

2 hours ago, Jat-One said:

We have normally $3 ticket in multiplexes. The IMAX range from $6-$20. 

I do think $3 is still expensive, as $10 for a State's person is less than hourly wage rate. $3 in India is more like 3 hours of work for a person earning mid level salary. While there are people in lower end getting $3 for full day.

$3 is expensive, no doubt. No wonder footfalls are going down. 

At current rate it might look they business had picked up in last few years due to ticket prices, but i think it's going to get stagnant in future, one SS starts getting shut down and prices increase.

And then you add the cost of those snacks which cost more than tickets, it's bound to get hit. 

For example, one big popcorn is more expensive than weekend ticket rate and a big cold drink is ahead of weekdays ticket rate. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

$3 is expensive, no doubt. No wonder footfalls are going down. 

At current rate it might look they business had picked up in last few years due to ticket prices, but i think it's going to get stagnant in future, one SS starts getting shut down and prices increase.

And then you add the cost of those snacks which cost more than tickets, it's bound to get hit. 

For example, one big popcorn is more expensive than weekend ticket rate and a big cold drink is ahead of weekdays ticket rate. Ridiculous.

Exactly. Theatre manager needs to slice the popcorn and food-cold drink prices. You have to pay 2$ for 500ml Coke when in reality 750ml is priced for 40Rs. Samosa which sells at max 20Rs is priced at theater at 80Rs. Just ridiculous

• Like 1

Ticket prices in Germany:

2D €8-12 (TLK today: €11.30)

3D €10-15 (TLK today: €14.30

Imax €16-22 (prices seem to vary based on demand, like if it sells well the price seems to go up) (Tickets for a beautiful planet in 3D Imax cost €7 tomorrow morning in the Imax in Berlin but for Spidey they cost €17)

Normaly €2 cheaper on Tuesday.

But at least two major chains Cinestar and CinemaxX (I think biggest and 2nd biggest chain or so, market share for both like 15-20%) offer 2D standard (normal length) for €5.5 (star) or €5.95 (maxX).

Pop corn like €5 and €5-6 for 500 ml Coke

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

FWIW, here are the ticket prices at my local AMC for various showings of the Lion King today, Thursday. These are normal prices for all movies:

Regular 2D before 12 noon .............   $5

Regular 2D after 12 noon ................    $10

3D before 12 noon .............................   $8

3D after 12 noon .................................   $11

3D after 6 PM ........................................   $12.50

IMAX before 12 noon ........................   $9

IMAX after 12 noon ............................   $12

IMAX after  6 PM .................................  $13.50

Dolby Cinema  before 12 noon .....  $9

Dolby Cinema after 12 noon ..........  $12

Dolby Cinema after 6 PM ................   $13.50

IMAX 3D ..................................................   $15 (only one showing, at 4:30 PM)

So there is a big discount to seeing films before 12 noon. Heck, it's always "$5 Tuesday" for regular 2D showings of movies before 12 noon. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

That's what the discounted price is here in New Orleans. We do have a low cost of living. What is it in your area? 

Our cost of living is ridiculous. It's pretty close to LA and NY

9 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Ticket prices in Germany:

2D €8-12 (TLK today: €11.30)

3D €10-15 (TLK today: €14.30

Imax €16-22 (prices seem to vary based on demand, like if it sells well the price seems to go up) (Tickets for a beautiful planet in 3D Imax cost €7 tomorrow morning in the Imax in Berlin but for Spidey they cost €17)

Normaly €2 cheaper on Tuesday.

But at least two major chains Cinestar and CinemaxX (I think biggest and 2nd biggest chain or so, market share for both like 15-20%) offer 2D standard (normal length) for €5.5 (star) or €5.95 (maxX).

Pop corn like €5 and €5-6 for 500 ml Coke

Agree to the ticket prices for ~ middle big to bigger... cities.

Countryside... depends on e.g. the distributor too (e.g same screening time/day ~ 50ct+ minimum diff), but in a lot of cases cheaper.

Like in an ~ 11000 population city earl-ish in the day (starting time before 18:00 o'clock) weekdays (but not cheap cinema day) starting with 6.2€, really early expensive distributor can be additional 1€ or 2€ too (means before 15:00 o'clock) = actual Sony's SMFFH +1€, Disney's TLK +2€ (in 3D +4€) = TLK at before 15:00 is in 3d 4€ more expensive than a local movie to be screened at 17:30

(actual program)

7 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Sure. :)

Then congrats to - what looks like to me to be about - a long ~ partnership :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Agree to the ticket prices for ~ middle big to bigger... cities.

Countryside... depends on e.g. the distributor too (e.g same screening time/day ~ 50ct+ minimum diff), but in a lot of cases cheaper.

Like in an ~ 11000 population city earl-ish in the day (starting time before 18:00 o'clock) weekdays (but not cheap cinema day) starting with 6.2€, really early expensive distributor can be additional 1€ or 2€ too (means before 15:00 o'clock) = actual Sony's SMFFH +1€, Disney's TLK +2€ (in 3D +4€) = TLK at before 15:00 is in 3d 4€ more expensive than a local movie to be screened at 17:30

(actual program)

Then congrats to - what looks like to me to be about - a long ~ partnership :D

that's cheap. I think the closest cinema that is not a Cinestar/Cinemaxx is a cinema that rarely shows movies or only arthouse stuff and that also not regularly.

And then it's a small cinema (like 4 screens or so) that TLK at 5pm (before it gets more expensive) costs €9.5 (€7.5+€2 for 3D only showing it in that). Which really isn't such a difference to a standard multiplex and with those cheaper options like cinestar with their bonus cards it gets cheaper there.

Endgame at that cinema (according to price police) would have cost €11 (€1.5 extra because its so long)

• Like 1