charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (7/23) Numbers

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Considering 4 2D tickets a month would cost me about $68, I don't see how this would be beneficial to Disney at all.   Disney+ at $5.99 a month  is  $71.88 a year    They'd have to double the cost of their service to make 4 free tickets a year profitable.   And they of all studios do not need to do this get people to go see their movies at the theater.

Tiered ticket pricing is the way to go for theater attendance and if studios looked long term it would have been implemented a few years ago.   

The would have to figure out the economics of it, but, as they are getting the ticket revenue, they're situation is different than MP. They would also be using it to direct users to Disney+, which is where the biggest battles would be. 

Theatres should be looking at increased discounts as well, but, I'm just saying that Disney has a unique position, given they have the highest demand product in the market, and i can see them moving trying to leverage it somehow. 

3 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Man, 30.3M for The Lion King is massive - summer weekdays and discount Tuesdays help, but we rarely see numbers this huge on a non-opening weekday.

Best Non-Opening Tuesdays:

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- 37.4M

2. Avengers: Endgame -- 33.1M

3. The Lion King -- 30.3M

4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- 29.5M

5. Star Wars: The Last Jedi -- 27.7M

And Toy Story 4 and Aladdin continue to leg it out - with Charlie's Tuesday numbers, already a 3.16 multiplier for Toy Story 4 (with a good chunk of change still to rake in) and 3.74 for Aladdin. Could the latter hit or finish close to a 4 multiplier?

Peace,

Mike

I bet Aladdin at least gets 3.9x

1 hour ago, baumer said:

How did they do that?

It's probably prudent to not jump the gun the other way just because of the first Tuesday number.

Indeed. It will drop hard today. Question is how hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

There’s a lot of people who are watching the lion king for the very first. Who may like it more than people who already have nostalgia for it and who have picture have how movie should be 

can’t fault them there 

Yes this is me for sure. My daughter liked it more than me I think. Still she got bored a bit. Too many super serious parts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I would love to see live action remakes if animated films from other studios as well. They can even remake their own flawed animated films.

Which is why I’ll say this: I would be interested in a live action remake of certain animated films like.....”Quest for Camelot” (Warner Bros) & ”The Swan Princess” (Sony) for example. Greatly improve on what was flawed in their animated counterparts yet still honor & pay tribute to them as well. Not be exactly carbon copies but be their own things.

Well I mean, that could be interesting. But those movies aren't exactly juggernauts.

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

There’s a lot of people who are watching the lion king for the very first. Who may like it more than people who already have nostalgia for it and who have picture have how movie should be 

can’t fault them there 

Jon Favreau also had a picture of how the movie should be.

Given home video, I don't think this is many people's first Lion King.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jat-One said:
Title Gross Change

Jat-One? :hahaha:

tenor.gif?itemid=4519872

Charlie is that you. Lmao I'm getting confused out here. We only take Charlie and Rth as credible source to avoid getting mislead by layman we need a confirmation 

Edited by Geo1500

1 hour ago, Jat-One said:

Incredibles 2 Day 33 - $3.4mn (added $67mn post that)

TS4 Day 33 - $3.3mn

Now that's despite TS 4 being barely 60% of I2 in OW and 75% on 1st Tuesday. That said, shall atleast do $67mn from here (that would be $450mn) but obviously it shall do more to $450-465mn closing.

In terms of admits TS4 should be around 25-30% more than TS3.

Not convinced it will do 67M more, but I hadn't thought to look at I2 as a comp. It's still running just slightly behind I2 (but as you mentioned it started from a much lower spot). Even 60M more would put it at 441.8 - which would thrill me.

It certainly looks like it will pass TS3 now. It is only about 33M off with an almost 15M cushion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jat-One said:

Incredibles 2 Day 33 - $3.4mn (added $67mn post that)

TS4 Day 33 - $3.3mn

Now that's despite TS 4 being barely 60% of I2 in OW and 75% on 1st Tuesday. That said, shall atleast do $67mn from here (that would be $450mn) but obviously it shall do more to $450-465mn closing.

In terms of admits TS4 should be around 25-30% more than TS3.

Similarly,  29.6% ahead of TS3's same w/e. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=weekend&id=toystoryvs.htm

$52m (TS3) x 1.296 = $67.32m more for TS4 at the same pace

42 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well I mean, that could be interesting. But those movies aren't exactly juggernauts.

If any other studio attempted an animation remake, I can see Universal trying it with An American Tail, but it would have to be reasonably budgeted, with expectations of modest grosses. That film was a decent success, at a time when Disney wasn't producing a lot of animated hits, and when VHS was on the fast rise, so I think it would have a string enough following. 

I also wonder if The Iron Giant has enough of a cult following. I could see WB wanting to try something like this, but I don't think the nostalgia is there for it, at least, not with the demographics that you'd need. But, it would be a fairly simple live action movie, and can ve done relatively cheap. 

1 minute ago, vafrow said:

If any other studio attempted an animation remake, I can see Universal trying it with An American Tail, but it would have to be reasonably budgeted, with expectations of modest grosses. That film was a decent success, at a time when Disney wasn't producing a lot of animated hits, and when VHS was on the fast rise, so I think it would have a string enough following. 

I also wonder if The Iron Giant has enough of a cult following. I could see WB wanting to try something like this, but I don't think the nostalgia is there for it, at least, not with the demographics that you'd need. But, it would be a fairly simple live action movie, and can ve done relatively cheap. 

An American Tail is probably one of the worst choices for a remake, but if Disney did The Lion King...

My mom actually thought The Iron Giant was based on a live action movie, so maybe that could work.

Edited by cannastop

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

An American Tail is probably one of the worst choices for a remake, but if Disney did The Lion King...

My mom actually thought The Iron Giant was based on a live action movie, so maybe that could work.

Live action Digimon