Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

And now the UK has the Bank Holiday this Monday so that should mean a great hold this weekend and a nice Monday gross.

Lots of reports of sell-outs for The Avengers and American pie on twitter right now...I could see potentially £5m+ for AP this 5 day weekend after what I'v seen today, and maybe over £6m including Monday. That's nearly $10m for the 6 day.

Edited by Heretic

Lots of reports of sell-outs for The Avengers and American pie on twitter right now...I could see potentially £5m+ for AP this 5 day weekend after what I'v seen today, and maybe over £6m including Monday. That's nearly $10m for the 6 day.

My local's been fucking rammed tonight. Pie at six was insane!

American Pie only did okay in the US, think opening it on Wednesday and as an alternative to The Avengers which people would have either seen or couldn't get into, it's no wonder it did good today.Orange Wednesdays is far too busy especially for popular films, I wonder if it puts people off rather than brings them in, I prefer going when it's quiet but saying that, Avengers with a full cinema was great!

Check that out:

Ridley Scott’s 'Prometheus' Breaks IMAX U.K. Pre-Sales Record

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-prometheus-breaks-IMAX-record-320348

Scott’s movie, starring a galaxy of stars including Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elbaand Logan Marshall-Green, has booked 18,287 tickets in hits first full week of presales at the theater.

It translates into £293,312 ($474,687) in gross pre-sale tickets, the highest grossing week ever.

The standalone flagship IMAX theater also reported its highest grossing first day of pre-sales ever, taking £137,000 ($221,717).

The take has beaten other high-profile IMAX rollouts in the U.K. including Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Avatarand The Dark Knight

IMPRESSIVE!

Strong bookings at IMAX won't neccessarily translate to big box office, I'm being realistic and saying £6-7m four days which is on par with Inception. It's likely going to be a 15 which can reduce box office earnings.

Edited by Jonwo