Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

4 hours ago, Giesi said:

Dunkirk was at £27M after its first 10 days, around £57M in total. Is a £50M gross possible for Oppenheimer? 

Dunkirk had an insane 2nd weekend hold of -17%, which might be hard to replicate. But £50m is looking more and more achievable with each passing day. Assuming a 2nd weekend drop of 35% (£7m), it'll be close to £26m by sunday. It might stall closer to the high £40s but this weekend will give us a better idea. And IMAX will add some juicy numbers across the run.

• Like 1

I would assume that while Oppenheimer will be able to keep IMAX, regular screenings may be reduced since cinemas have to make room for new films in the coming weeks. Indiana Jones will likely be gone by August 4th and Mission Impossible will likely lose the daytime showings as well. 

It's a good problem for a multiplex to have, not so much the boutique chains with 2-6 screens although TBH I can't imagine Everyman, Curzon or Picturehouse showing The Meg 2 or Gran Turismo.

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Finally got mine, just gotta wait for August 26th 😅

We have one IMAX here and Opp is sold out through to August 27th… that was as of the weekend so it’s probably later than that now 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I would assume that while Oppenheimer will be able to keep IMAX, regular screenings may be reduced since cinemas have to make room for new films in the coming weeks. Indiana Jones will likely be gone by August 4th and Mission Impossible will likely lose the daytime showings as well. 

It's a good problem for a multiplex to have, not so much the boutique chains with 2-6 screens although TBH I can't imagine Everyman, Curzon or Picturehouse showing The Meg 2 or Gran Turismo.

Not really. Nothing big is coming. TMNT will take screens away from ELEMENTAL. MEG will take screens away from INDY. None of them big releases to require tons of screens. BARBIE and OP will have plenty, even MI7 which is holding up pretty good, challenging FALLOUT. 

HAUNTED MANSION and GRAN TURISMO will be playing in multiplexes, but not out until August 11. Apart from a couple of docs, no big art-house release coming to boutique chains. BARBENHEIMER is going nowherw, will continue to dominate the rest of the summer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heretic said:

As expected, BFI IMAX have extended Oppenheimer shows until end of August. Some very good seats up for grabs if you’re quick, I’m sure they all be gone soon. 

Thanks for the heads up! Tues 22nd August here I come! Managed to get good seats too 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

TALK TO ME is out this Friday which looks amazing. Hopefully it will do OK. I'm doing TALKENHEIMER over the weekend :)

Seeing Talk To Me tomorrow night and will see Barbie again either Saturday or Sunday.

Talk To Barbie 😂

• Like 1

Everything increased from yesterday. BARBIE is looking at £35m first week if does over £4m today as well. 😍 

OP will close the week around £19.5m.

MI7 only down 30% from last week, tracking comfortably ahead of FALLOUT.

ELEMENTAL 97% up from last week, hit £10m and more to come. 

Awesome times at the cinemas.

• Like 4