UK Box Office Thread

22 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Yep, Wednesday box office:

Barbie £4.21m

Opp £2.216m

MI7 £553k

Elemental £432k

Indy £172k

Even if you do the UK:US ratio as 1:7 that's like a $30M Wednesday for Barbie. 

i saw the soundtrack of the movie is exploding on Spotify Uk. If this is a new greatest showman- mamma mia, and after the first week it's getting even half of the legs of them,  it's coming for the top 5 all time 🤣

Edited by vale9001

39 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Yep, Wednesday box office:

Barbie £4.21m

Opp £2.216m

MI7 £553k

Elemental £432k

Indy £172k

Lost for words, Barbie is without a doubt having one of the most impressive opening weeks ever. I can’t see how it doesn’t get into the top 20 all time chart now (currently Rogue One £66m) as it’ll only be around £20m away after the weekend. Who knows how high up the all time chart it can climb.

Oppenheimer weekdays are being overshadowed by Barbie but they are also incredible. It’s going to make a decent run for £50m.

Nice to see summer weekdays kick in for Elemental. Can leg it past £20m.

Edited by Heretic

14 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I would assume that while Oppenheimer will be able to keep IMAX, regular screenings may be reduced since cinemas have to make room for new films in the coming weeks. Indiana Jones will likely be gone by August 4th and Mission Impossible will likely lose the daytime showings as well. 

It's a good problem for a multiplex to have, not so much the boutique chains with 2-6 screens although TBH I can't imagine Everyman, Curzon or Picturehouse showing The Meg 2 or Gran Turismo.

Everyman featured Meg 2 in their latest magazine which usually means they release it across most of their venues,  my local one are playing the trailer. Also a poster for both Meg 2 and Gran Turismo in the entrance, though it is one of their larger venues with 5 screens and we often get films most other branches don't (including Talk To Me this weekend which they only have in 7 venues).

Edited by Simplyobsessed

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This has to be the craziest market for Barbie and there are tons of them. Sheer BO numbers its doing is ginormous. Even if weekend has no boost its still 12m 2nd weekend. Hopefully it does boost a bit at least on Sat/Sun. 

Yeah, I think Friday stays relatively flat to the rest of the weekdays, and not much more movement on Saturday/Sunday. 

If today is £4m, maybe £13m 2nd weekend is possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

well fwiw barbie isnt only film doing these numbers, so something is going for overall market. like elemental will do more on weekdays than weekend.

Schools stopped on Friday, plus maybe spillover business from sold out Barbie showings. 

Not sure if same holidays calendar but

The Lion King
16.67 Weekend

9.56 Weekdays // 26.23

10.66 2nd wknd

8.65 2nd wkdys // 45.54

5.16 3rd wknd

4.84 3rd wkdys // 55.54

4.36 4th wknd

3.57 4th wkdys // 63.47

2.49 5th wknd // 65.98

did 4x that. Crazy legs.

It seems 2nd wkdys are closer to barbie 1st wkdys behaviour.

16.5 ish // 35

that would suggest 9.7M 2nd weekend. TLK however faced a 6.4M opener, which barbie wont, so may be 10-11?

Dunkirk vs Oppy

Weekend - 10.02 / 10.89
Wkdays 1 - 8.75 / 8.5+

Weekend 2 - 8.23
Wkdays 2 - 6.55

Weekend 3 - 4.62
Wkdays 3 - 3.97

Weekend 4 - 2.63
Wkdays 4 - 2.37

No big competition for Dunkirk in 2nd weekend, so Oppy may be do like 8-8.5 ish as well. Runtime could be making it bigger weekend play.

If Barbie follows it, well then 15M 2nd weekend :P

Edited by across the Jat verse
  • Like 2