Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

UK Cinema Market Report By Entertainment Solution Services

2023 September Admission - 7,44,987

Growth of 15.1% From 2022 and Dip of 32.1% from 2019

Year to date admission - 95,590,564

5.4% growth from 2022

Top 10 Films of September - September Gross (Total in Brackets)

Equalizer 3 - £6,983,328 (£8,523,227)

Haunting in Venice - £6,415,078 (£8,820,640)

The Nun2 - £5,761,360 (£6,432,182)

Barbie - £4,311,037 (£95,535,932)

Oppenheimer - £3,367,345 (£58,128,000)

Jawan - £2,925,066 (£3,082,665)

Past Lives - £1,944,382 (£2,532,719)

Sound of Freedom - £1,920,298 (£2,179,157)

The Creator - £1,642,828 (£5,747,455)

Saw X - £1,413,251 (£5,124,865)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Simplyobsessed said:

Odeon are not showing Bottoms in any of their venues, and have pulled their Limitless members preview of Saltburn from the schedule. Suggests a dispute is going on with Warner Bros.

I imagine it'll be sorted by the time Wonka is released because there is no way they'll want to miss out on that films.

20 hours ago, Simplyobsessed said:

Odeon are not showing Bottoms in any of their venues, and have pulled their Limitless members preview of Saltburn from the schedule. Suggests a dispute is going on with Warner Bros.

Ooh I wonder what’s going on here.

Went to see the preview of Bottoms on Monday and it has some laugh out loud moments. Still think Joy Ride is the funniest film of the year though. 

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

How is The Marvels doing here?

It's doing abysmal in Latam so I'm curious about the main markets in Europe since latinos love MCU more than europeans (UK, Germany and France).

It’s quiet around me, but not to the extent of “recent DC quiet”. The main opening night IMAX show (where Cineworld seems to be trying to make 3D happen again…) has sold about 50 tickets so far, which isn’t TOO bad compared to what we’re seeing in the US. It’s definitely below Guardians 3 and Wakanda Forever, but maybe on par or slightly below Quantumania.

7 hours ago, belblazer said:

It's doing abysmal in Latam so I'm curious about the main markets in Europe since latinos love MCU more than europeans (UK, Germany and France).

5 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s quiet around me, but not to the extent of “recent DC quiet”.

Seems completely astonishing that even though here and Aussie things aren't particularly good they seem like Infinity War or Civil War compared to Latam where MCU has been an audience darling but this one is tracking on par/below Blue Beetle.

If the whole world were to follow Mexico or Brazil we would be looking at $100M WW total or so.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

If the whole world were to follow Mexico or Brazil we would be looking at $100M WW total or so.

Ok just wanna say that the possibility of FNAF outgrossing the Marvels in the worldwide box office is just a WILD possibility...

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

Seems completely astonishing that even though here and Aussie things aren't particularly good they seem like Infinity War or Civil War compared to Latam where MCU has been an audience darling but this one is tracking on par/below Blue Beetle.

Suzume &Slam Dunk Japan Numbers will be enough to outgross "The Marvels"

12 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s quiet around me, but not to the extent of “recent DC quiet”. The main opening night IMAX show (where Cineworld seems to be trying to make 3D happen again…) has sold about 50 tickets so far, which isn’t TOO bad compared to what we’re seeing in the US. It’s definitely below Guardians 3 and Wakanda Forever, but maybe on par or slightly below Quantumania.

Annoyingly my local is putting the only do-able evening IMAX in 3D too. No other IMAX showings are, only the 19.30 one. So frustrating. I’m just not doing it, will go on the Sunday or during the week instead. 

Edited by Krissykins