Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

its a bad number for sure. Heretic has been overestimating bigtime for past couple of days. I think It will probably do lowend of RTH number,so that means around 10M OW. That is worse than 3rd weekend of Skyfall. This despite UK being Tolkein homeland. it looks like losing around 25M USD compared to ROTK.Hobbit will lose around 200M in established big markets and will probably gain 100-120M in emerging markets. So that means around 600-650M depending on how it does in smaller markets relative to ROTK.

• Like 1

its a bad number for sure. Heretic has been overestimating bigtime for past couple of days. I think It will probably do lowend of RTH number,so that means around 10M OW. That is worse than 3rd weekend of Skyfall. This despite UK being Tolkein homeland. it looks like losing around 25M USD compared to ROTK.Hobbit will lose around 200M in established big markets and will probably gain 100-120M in emerging markets. So that means around 600-650M depending on how it does in smaller markets relative to ROTK.

:)

So, yes, it is. In terms of franchises, that is.

Hobbit will make around typical potter number minus the finale. So there is not that much of a difference. Potter's os performance was predictable and boring. So I would not call it extra special. If we have 3 more Ice Age movies they will also end up making around the same numbers.

Hobbit will make around typical potter number minus the finale. So there is not that much of a difference. Potter's os performance was predictable and boring. So I would not call it extra special. If we have 3 more Ice Age movies they will also end up making around the same numbers.

Potter did huge numbers without 3D. Through 7 movies. You cannot deny their strength.

I definitely recommend HFR if you want 3D; if you're afraid of HFR, take 2D.

I most likely will see it again in HFR. Just seeing it in 3D today though (not 2D) as the Xtreme screens (like IMAX) are only showing 3D.

It will be all in the legs, don't worry guys...

I agree - everyone forgetting it's Christmas Time ! Got all holidays to go and see this. I'm taking my son on Monday (it's a bit cheaper) don't have to rush out and see it this weekend. It's no Avatar, Skyfall etc and I'm a bit annoyed that they spun 1 book into 3, three, - yup really THREE very long movies but it'll be fine none the less.PS. Did I mention the 3 movies rant ?