Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, Bob-omb said:

Being from Mexico and now living in Europe. It was a big surprise when I learnt that people go to the movies when the weather is crap. In Mexico people go to the movies independently of the weather unless there is a hurricane or flood. For me people not going to the movies when there was sun was so weird. After a couple of years living here. I understood that you have to make the most of the good weather days because you never know if it is going to be the last day with sun for the next 3 months :(

Yeah in my early days on forum, knowing how fiercely weather impacted Italy BO was kind of surprise.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

40% drop on Friday to £1.55m

Doctor Who was 2nd with £359k

Bikeriders £347k

Bad Boys £284k

Ghost: Rite Here Rite Now £83k

Not the two-part finale of Doctor Who doing better than every first day for Horror this year despite only screening at midnight and being available on iPlayer at the same time

• Haha 2

Weather aside, I still don’t think Inside Out 2 will be as big here like it is in some Euro countries and Latin America. 
Culturally, feelings/emotions are not part of proper social decorum in the UK. It will be very average here like the first one (equivalent to China). 

3 hours ago, todos said:

Weather aside, I still don’t think Inside Out 2 will be as big here like it is in some Euro countries and Latin America. 
Culturally, feelings/emotions are not part of proper social decorum in the UK. It will be very average here like the first one (equivalent to China). 

This is a joke.IO2 performance in China is like the movie do £10m in UK totally.(if the WOM not break out during later leg)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, todos said:

it had an enormous opening weekend. Weekdays kids have been in school so not sure what else the movie could have done? It’s doing great. 

1 hour ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Wow

Only 30% down on Saturday. £3.46m. £20.5m to date.

Bad Boys £452k

Bikeriders £437k

Ghost £166k

Apes £83k

With £2.6m today as you said previously it's holding similar to Incredibles 2 £22.4m and Toy Story 4 £26.9m taking £23m after 10 days?

In the US about 60% of opening was from IMAX/PLF/3D how does that compare in the UK? 

13 hours ago, Jiffy said:

Good weather killing BO in Europe will never not be novel to me.

In some european countries like UK we get so few summerdays and periods with no rain. So when it finally happens we just do other things than go to movies. A movie like Deadpool should not be a affected by that because its so fan drivven and a big event. But many other movies are not that lucky

6 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Weekend

1. Inside Out £7.76m (-31%) (£23.2m)

2. Bikeriders £1.07m

3. Bad Boys £1.00m (-46%) (£9.06m)

4. Doctor Who £364k

5. Ghost £166k (£477k)

Amazing from Inside Out

Total after 2nd weekend:

Minions 2: 18.5m

Toy Story 4: 26.9m

Minions: 21.0m