Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

It certainly looks like HP:DH1's huge OW can be surpassed as every hour goes by. £20M+ OW not out of reach either, but I am being more realistic perhaps.Places like Vue Westfield still don't have that many sell-outs but because many cinemas in shopping centres have so many showtimes and so many walk-ups that pre-sales are not that important. So we shouldn't see THAT many sell-outs at the big cinemas especially as Bond does not have rabid fans like HP and Twilight.

Edited by JCS

September was very slow this year, but October has been WAY bigger than the last few years, especially with Bond opening now. I think it'll be the most attended October of the 21st century so far. November and December will be bigger than last year too, especially the latter with The Hobbit, which should easily make up for it.

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned in here yet, but September admissions were 9.44m, the lowest September since 2006. Yearly admissions are now at 123.6m, less than the 131.4m last year.

That was expected. Such low admissions for September but October/November/December with Skyfall, BD2 and The Hobbit should mean 2012 will have more admissions then 2011!

Woah, the big ass cinema in crawley that I go to sometimes has sold out Two regular screenings on friday, and the evening IMAX showing. This place is a walk up cinema too!

WOW. I just checked your cinema again...It has 9 sold out shows! Edited by Heretic