Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Damn, this is doing insanely well over the holidays. Monday and Tuesday about £6m. Probably heading for £11-12m Mon-Thu, and maybe £6m this weekend for a total around £51-52m.

Starting to think £65m for Rogue One is a possibility.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ttr said:

Hey, I think you forgot Bridget Jones emoji1.png

I just included the ones that Agafin mentioned.

Bridget Jones would probably come in around 5th or 6th, along with Shrek, Pirates etc, although they have definitely dwindelled in popularity today. The minions brand would also feature in today's charts. 

• Like 2

I just included the ones that Agafin mentioned.

Bridget Jones would probably come in around 5th or 6th, along with Shrek, Pirates etc, although they have definitely dwindelled in popularity today. The minions brand would also feature in today's charts. 

Ah yes, didn't realise you were answering to a question.

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Nah. I think Pirates will do between £25-30m. Definitely can't see below £20m. 

TF I can though. 

On Stranger Tides did £32m total with a £11.6m five day opening so I think £20-25m, it really depends on well it's received and the competition as Wonder Woman is a real wild card after BvS and Suicide Squad.

28 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Nah. I think Pirates will do between £25-30m. Definitely can't see below £20m. 

TF I can though. 

I really can't see a scenario where Pirates doesn't experience a big bleed. There was still excitement about Pirates in 2011, but now? The first look made NO dent earlier in the year, and it doesn't feel like anyone cares these days. Depp is no longer a draw, and I'm some ways even the opposite. If Alice can drop nearly 80% in 6 years, I can't see why Pirates can't bleed 40%.

57 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I really can't see a scenario where Pirates doesn't experience a big bleed. There was still excitement about Pirates in 2011, but now? The first look made NO dent earlier in the year, and it doesn't feel like anyone cares these days. Depp is no longer a draw, and I'm some ways even the opposite. If Alice can drop nearly 80% in 6 years, I can't see why Pirates can't bleed 40%.

I don't think Pirates will drop as badly as Alice but a 40-50% drop wouldn't be too surprising. 

46 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

All the openers on Boxing Day obviously flopped then..

The Boxing Day films haven't been good this year, everything that has done well came out before Christmas. I'm curious to see how Silence, A Monster Calls and Assassin's Creed fare on NYD. 

Also notable, the Gareth Edwards-helmed Rogue One has crossed the $50M mark in the UK. The total there is now $53.1M after a big $4.2M Wednesday. It’s worth mentioning that the drop in the pound sterling since Brexit has had a big effect on box office. Were we looking at pre-June 23, that UK number would be closer to $63M.

The UK continues to lead offshore play, followed by Germny ($28.8M), France ($25.2M), Australia ($23.1M) and Japan ($18.9M).

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-uk-crosses-50-million-654-worldwide-wednesday-international-box-office-1201876809/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it