Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

7 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I hope this means they cut Mary Poppings Imax so i can watch Aquaman in Imax.. 

pretty sure its higher then last friday? 

They really damn overestimated MP and underrated Aquaman. 

It won't be until a week in to the new year if they do. Bumblebee takes imax screen shares on the 28th.

45 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I got the total number through Thursday from Gitesh Pandya and Friday total number from box office pro. I then subtracted them both. Made a dumb error in my subtraction though. The movie made 0.8 mil on Friday, not 1.8,

0.8 mil still decent. 

31 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

33% according Box office Pro.

• UK (2nd w/e): $849k, rank #2 with a strong hold of -33%. Cume to date: $10.6m. 

when you think it most likely lost alot of screens due to MP and Imax screens a good hold. 

Edited by Wotad

2 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

MPR we looking at lc7m , AM about 2

That would be a 45% drop from last weekend for Aquaman I think (it had 1.8M USD before the weekend and ended with 6.5M USD), should see pretty decent legs through the holidays by the looks of it.

5 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

MPR we looking at lc7m , AM about 2

I'm guessing that for the weekend. £7m is very good for Mary Poppins although I have a feeling cinemas chains will be a little disappointed considering it's pretty much as every format. 

40 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm guessing that for the weekend. £7m is very good for Mary Poppins although I have a feeling cinemas chains will be a little disappointed considering it's pretty much as every format. 

That is awful for MP considering the amount of screening differences between this and everything else this year.

Literally had 18 screens everywhere and only did this its actually terrible numbers. 

If they gave Aquaman these screens during OW would have most likely did better lmfao. 

Edited by Wotad
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wotad said:

That is awful for MP considering the amount of screening differences between this and everything else this year.

Literally had 18 screens everywhere and only did this its actually terrible numbers. 

If they gave Aquaman these screens during OW would have most likely did better lmfao. 

Eh, AQM had more than enough screens to make that number since as you say it isn't that enormous -  it didn't - and if there was still such a demand to see it it would have filled the theaters it had this w/e - it didn't

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Eh, AQM had more than enough screens to make that number since as you say it isn't that enormous -  it didn't - and if there was still such a demand to see it it would have filled the theaters it had this w/e - it didn't

Demand is irrelevant to how many screens you get as MP has just proven with literally 18 screens everywhere even the Imax ones only 7m OW.. that is not a good result. 

Just now, Wotad said:

Demand is irrelevant to how many screens you get as MP has just proven with literally 18 screens everywhere even the Imax ones only 7m OW.. that is not a good result. 

What's irrelevant is the number of screens MPR had in regards to the demand or box office for AQM.  If AQM was pushing capacity then a shortage of screens would affect it's box office - but it isn't even close to doing that.  Whatever the demand is for MPR it's just less for AQM in the UK. 

• Like 2