Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Alita's opening on wednesday the 6th, how long until we get numbers after that?

Might get a tweet from Comscore UK about what position it's in (hopefully 1st), but likely no numbers till Sunday estimates. 

Unless we're lucky and it gets reported (sometimes it happens)

• Thanks 1

hopefully a busy weekend at the box office. HTTDY3 should do well, plus Green Book and Can You Ever Forgive Me both out this weekend with awards strapped to their arms, appealing to adults. And Escape Room for teenagers.

Anyone else going to the Alita screening tonight with Limitless?

Heard some people wondering about whether they have to pay for 3D glasses. I just assumed it was free, and that's what it was for Spider-Verse for me. Apparently some people were told they had to pay for the glasses...

Sidenote: @IronJimbo do you want my thoughts on it afterwards? or nah

Just now, feasby007 said:

Heard some people wondering about whether they have to pay for 3D glasses. I just assumed it was free, and that's what it was for Spider-Verse for me. Apparently some people were told they had to pay for the glasses...

Hey Feasby always want to know what an Avatar bro's thinking! Let me know.

I'm watching it tomorrow it Wednesday in IMAX. No idea about the glasses price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Hey Feasby always want to know what an Avatar bro's thinking! Let me know.

I'm watching it tomorrow it Wednesday in IMAX. No idea about the glasses price.

Cool. 

In the off chance I don't like I might not message you. Don't wanna put you in danger ;) 

8 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I can't see why glasses would be free. they are treated by cinema as concession item same as popcorn would be. I would bet 99% that they will not be provided.

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I can't see why glasses would be free. they are treated by cinema as concession item same as popcorn would be. I would bet 99% that they will not be provided.

They were provided for the exclusive preview of Spider-Verse.

The thing is they advertise that it's an exclusive 3D preview for Limitless customers, seems a bit shit to turn around and say "but hey, we're actually gonna charge you when you get here".

If it was a normal showing, then of course, but since it's an exclusive preview and it happened at my cinema for Spider-Verse 3D I'd expect it to be nationwide. 

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

They were provided for the exclusive preview of Spider-Verse.

The thing is they advertise that it's an exclusive 3D preview for Limitless customers, seems a bit shit to turn around and say "but hey, we're actually gonna charge you when you get here".

If it was a normal showing, then of course, but since it's an exclusive preview and it happened at my cinema for Spider-Verse 3D I'd expect it to be nationwide. 

Was that a Limitless screening, the spiderverse one? If so then i dont know.

Cineworld Unlimited screenings have never been free 3D glasses, in fact if you are a new cineworld customer for unlimited screenings in 3D you still have to pay the £2 charge on the ticket as well as the glasses.

I used to work in a cinema and we would never have given 3D glasses for free in any context including exclusive previews.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Was that a Limitless screening, the spiderverse one? If so then i dont know.

Cineworld Unlimited screenings have never been free 3D glasses, in fact if you are a new cineworld customer for unlimited screenings in 3D you still have to pay the £2 charge on the ticket as well as the glasses.

I used to work in a cinema and we would never have given 3D glasses for free in any context including exclusive previews.

Yes the spiderverse was limitless. It was the first 3D they've done to my knowledge.

Interesting about the Cineworld. See if they had that you need to pay the surcharge for 3D, then I'd expect to charge for glasses. It's only because they are offering the 3D without charge, seems a bit weird to charge when there. 

Either way, am taking my glasses from spiderverse with me just in case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feasby0007 said:

Just got here and as expected theatre in general is dead except the 20 or so people in this screen. 

Didn't realise Alita was rated 15 here... Seems a bit weird. 

Also @Avatree, I did get 3D glasses for free without fuss. It seems odeon is very different to Cineworld. 

nice one! enjoy the film, let us know what you think! :)

7 minutes ago, Feasby0007 said:

Just got here and as expected theatre in general is dead except the 20 or so people in this screen. 

Didn't realise Alita was rated 15 here... Seems a bit weird. 

Also @Avatree, I did get 3D glasses for free without fuss. It seems odeon is very different to Cineworld. 

It's not rated 15? When I bought my tickets it said 12A

• Like 1