cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

26 minutes ago, Ithil said:

MCU fans seem to look down greatly on TV shows for some reason.

We were told that the previous shows would be connected to the MCU. That was pretty much a lie, but it was 6 years and (literally) 11 shows of “it’s all connected... sike!” Some people are understandably burned.   

But those were all produced by non-Marvel Studios entities. They didn’t occupy half of the official phase announcement at SDCC. I’m confident we’re entering a glorious new era.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/disney-plus-lineup-shows-movies-streaming-1203188116/

Obviously more will be added, but not sure if that will entail D+ originals or some of the catalog of Disney owned properties from the past or a combination.

Oooh nice. Just season 1 of the new Ducktales, but either Variety or someone at Disney+ got the year wrong.

Fantastic news about Ms Marvel!

1 hour ago, Eric! said:

...why not just do it as a movie?

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

maybe the pitch worked better in a long-form story.  Some stories are better suited for TV than the silver screen, after all. 

Seriously. This.

Ms Marvel works best on a small scale. Not with billion dollar special effects fighting Galactus or an army of Ultrons.

58 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

NOOOOOOOO KEVIN WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!? KAMALA DESERVES A MOVIE. 

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'll just say "agree to disagree".

In my opinion, Ms Marvel works best when she's a friendly neighborhood Ms Marvel, when she's at school and at home with her family. Not when she's flying alien spaceships and globetrotting all over the world. And that'll work much better in a longer tv show than in a shorter big-budget movie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is Disney going to put Disney XD stuff on their Disney+ service?

Is there a complete list of their catalog?

I saw on the screens online that they're definitely putting in the cartoon marvel series like the new Spider-Man that show on Disney XD plus Ducktales. I also saw Kim Possible, Raven, and Lizzie Mcguire will be on there which sold me completely. 

The sell for Disney + are the nostalgia properties. The old Disney movies and TV shows from old school Disney Channel.

Edited by Cappoedameron

I think that people underestimate importance of D+ shows just because Agents of SHIELD and whatever there was weren't treated as important. They said in several places that shows will have direct ties to movies, at least Loki and Wandavision. Also, as @kitik pointed out, if something works better as a TV show by all means make a TV show. Does anyone consider GOT a downgrade from movies? Not every story and SH needs 200M budget flick. 

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Could be as a setup for Captain Marvel 2 or whatever the next Avengers is going to be. 

Watch, the next Avenges will be Young Avengers.

And it'll star Kamala, Kate Bishop, Stature, maybe Iron Lad , maybe Kid Loki, or maybe some kid Wanda imagines into existence, all teaming up to fight their most dreaded super-villain, Spider-Man.

(Of course in all seriousness, Peter will be one of the team. And that's already a quality lineup right there, even without those "maybe's".)

By the way, I forgot to mention earlier when some of us may or may not have seen that sizzle reel, but the most surprising part of it to me was all the Ford v. Ferrari stuff in it. It was featured prominently! Obviously there was lots of Fox stuff scattered throughout, but all the FvF scenes really stood out to me. They were pushing it hard.

Just now, kitik said:

By the way, I forgot to mention earlier when some of us may or may not have seen that sizzle reel, but the most surprising part of it to me was all the Ford v. Ferrari stuff in it. It was featured prominently! Obviously there was lots of Fox stuff scattered throughout, but all the FvF scenes really stood out to me. They were pushing it hard.

It was featured at least five times in the reel. Disney may think there's Oscar potential.