kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

Considering how strangely Lionsgate was giving out numbers to Nikki yesterday, I expected it.

That's true, yesterday was kind of a debacle. Wonder when the first Sat update will be then.

I so wish some advance Saturday estimate would come in. I think the number is going to blow our minds. 50 million or more is not out of the question. Walk ups are strong. Buzz is strong. Everything is coming together. This movie will storm the box office this weekend! :)

Hey rallax, how's your theater looking now?

I haven't had a second to look at real numbers, but I have been in every theater for every show today. We have sold out EVERY. SINGLE. SHOW. So far at least, 14/18. I doubt it will let up any the rest of the night.

I haven't had a second to look at real numbers, but I have been in every theater for every show today.We have sold out EVERY. SINGLE. SHOW. So far at least, 14/18. I doubt it will let up any the rest of the night.

Wow. That's impressive.Thanks for the update :) Always good to hear from an insider Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

I can easily say that my theater is as busy as last night and with the day time numbers it was busier overall as a day.The movie has 3 sellouts and every other show was nearly full for the evening.The demand at many theaters has been going from 1pm in the afternoon to past 10pm today today.Reminds more of the Saturday TDK and Spiderman 3 had rather then New Moon,

Edited by Lordmandeep

I can easily say that my theater is as busy as last night and with the day time numbers it was busier overall as a day.The movie has 3 sellouts and every other show was nearly full for the evening.The demand at many theaters has been going from 1pm in the afternoon to past 10pm today today.Reminds more of the Saturday TDK and Spiderman 3 had rather then New Moon,

Good news for the 50m+ predicts.

I haven't had a second to look at real numbers, but I have been in every theater for every show today. We have sold out EVERY. SINGLE. SHOW. So far at least, 14/18. I doubt it will let up any the rest of the night.

How does it compare to yesterday? Just a judgement call?

The theatre I am tracking sold out all 29 shows today and all in advance. They have just added three 1100 PM and later shows. This is better than yesterday when they didn't fully sold out a couple of 2:00-3:00 PM shows. Right now I am expecting around 50 million Saturday.Edit: THG is having a better Saturday at this theater than any of Twilight/Potter movies with the exception of New Moon. NM also sold out everything but it wasn't selling out 10PM shows at 3 PM in the afternoon so THG should have a pretty strong Sunday.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

I am thinking 45-50 for now but closer to 50..The thing to remember is like Spiderman 3 and TDK this film has had solid business all the way since noon...Many films do well again on Saturday but only at night but I drove by my theater at 1pm and the parking lot was full. Looking only shows are sold out.That clearly tells me from 1pm to 9Pm, its been busy...

I think we are about to get busiest day minus midnights at the box office since TDK...Busiest days are...Spiderman 3:51 millionSpiderman 3 Friday: 49.8 millionTDK Friday: 48.7 millionHunger Games Friday: 48.5 millionTDK Saturday: 47.650 millionDH2 Friday: 47.57 millionShrek 3: 47 million

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Imo a record breaking Saturday would be more impressive then its opening day.However a 50 million dollar day is very very large....I am thinking 47-50.A 50 million Satruday ensures a weekend gross around 150 million.Shawn what do you think the Saturday is?All signs point it being huge but I am having a hard time thinking it can match Spiderman 3 record considering the type of film this is...

Edited by Lordmandeep

Based on these sellout reports I'm pretty confident that this will increase tomorrow.

You never know. There are a bunch of special cases and none of these theaters may be representative but my guess is that this is on track for a good hold today.