chasmmi

Top 100 Video Game Countdown Thread | We've Reached the Top 20

53rd

Sub Zero - Mortal Kombat  (92 points) 

The coolest of all the beat em up chracters... ya know, because Sub Zero, that is like very cold.

It is little surprise to see Scorion painted blue on this list. He is an OG Kambatant and user of the odd legendary move. He also can be kind of used by plebs like me, so what's not to like? 

• Like 6

52nd

Liara T'soni - Mass Effect  (93 points, 2 top 10) 

And we go onto a clearly slightly less sexy blue themed character that managed to get Fox News and the Senate all upset with what the world was coming to. 

Like Wrex, Liara was a great Mass Effect 1  character that Bioware decided to stuff down a sofa in side quest land for Mass Effect 2 and thus drive people into the arms of Tali (or possibly an Australian bottom). 

Still though, the dream team of Wrex, Liara, and me just watching those two complete the game for me, was what Mass Effect was all about. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

51st

Ezio - Assassin's Creed (94 points, 1 top 5) 

Now I have only played one Assassin's Creed game: Pirate Sailing Sim 1755: Just keep sailing, and i bailed on it after about 15 hours. 

Therefore I know little of this (I want to say Italian) scamp. But Like I said I know nothing about him, so it may turn out he is more of a rogue. 

Either way, he is the only character from the franchise to crack the top 100, so he likely did something right.    

• Like 3

50th

Lee Everett - The Walking Dead (96 points, 1 First) 

Everybody's favourite character from the TV show? Comic? Snow Globe of a young child? I don't know the origins of Lee exactly, but I am safely assuming he is eligible for the list as he does not look like the cue cards guy from Love Actually. 

One of 3 Walking Dead characters to receive any votes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chasmmi said:

52nd

Liara T'soni - Mass Effect  (93 points, 2 top 10) 

And we go onto a clearly slightly less sexy blue themed character that managed to get Fox News and the Senate all upset with what the world was coming to. 

Like Wrex, Liara was a great Mass Effect 1  character that Bioware decided to stuff down a sofa in side quest land for Mass Effect 2 and thus drive people into the arms of Tali (or possibly an Australian bottom). 

Still though, the dream team of Wrex, Liara, and me just watching those two complete the game for me, was what Mass Effect was all about. 

I mean, Miranda's ass is rather hypnotic

49th

Duke Nuke'em - Duke Nuke'em (97 points, 1 First) 

Duke Nuke'em was one of the biggest names in shooting for a short period around the turn of the millennium. He combined a fun enough game with a character and aesthetic that was very popular with the right audience at the time, but may struggle to get away with the same schtick  today. 

Who knows, maybe there is a chance that the Duke can be revamped for the upcoming Decade, but it is a big ask that maybe no studio can be bothered to try pulling off.

• Like 3

48th

Kreia - KOTOR (98 points,) 

Here is the winner of the highest ranked KOTOR character, some lady named Kreia. There may still be some more bioware to come, maybe even some more Bioware from galaxies far far away. But no more Star Wars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47th

Doom Guy - Doom (100 points, 1 First) 

And just a couple places above Nukes is the original FPS shooter protagonist (Wait.. Wolfenstein was first? Or did I dream that?... Let me go check... oh yeah Wolfie was first, not even close.) 

Anyhow Doom became an iconic game and thus apparently this makes the bloke with the gun and iconic guy. I mean, each to his own, but personally, the fact that this and Nuke'em finished 40 places above Blazkowicz is criminal.

But that is just me. 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

46th

Clementine - The Walking Dead (100 points, 1 Top 10) 

In a cult zombie outbreak game, with high drama and a lot of emotional scenes to experience, Clementine proves herself more popular than the older guy that spent his time trying to keep her alive. I wonder if that will be repeated with another zombie heavy franchise (or technically soon to be franchise) that may pop up later. 

• Like 3

45th

Ryu - Street Fighter (102 points, 2 Top 10) 

And now Street Fighter blows its most synonymous character. Not only is he Street Fighter's top rated character, he is the highest rated Beat-em up character full stop. 

He has the spinny jumpy kick thing, and there is also the uppercut type thing too. He also did the unforgettable Sonic Boom, no hang on that was Ken. Or was it Guile. It's really hard to remember when a manufacturer comes up with one move set and splits it randomly between 3 generic fighter characters. 

Still a cool dude though. 

• Like 3

44th

Commander Shepherd - Mass Effect (105 points, 1 Top 10) 

Hi, I'm Chas, and this is my favourite post in the thread.

Star of the raunchiest, most debauched, alien sex sim in video game history. You are charged with doing the intercourse with as many different coloured aliens as possible. This included a blue one, a lizardy one, a lizardy one but whose a bit more sciency and sings show tunes, There's a sexy Darth Vader girl, A giant angry troll slug thing, a girl whose uniform consists solely of belts, or finally if you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel... there's even a space racist (Extra-terraphobe?. 

Outside of this, there is also a minor sidequest to try and save the universe from extinction, but that;s pretty take it or leave it based on how much free time you have between all the sexy times. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

43rd

Megaman (108 points, 1 Top 5) 

He has a gun, he is blue and his nemesis is named after a coyote. 

Megaman claims to be pretty mega, it's in the name and everything. I would not know because I was too busy playing the Dizzy franchise on my Amstrad464 CPC. It had over 50 shades of Green!!! I mean behold this gloriousness:

(I never had the colour (Well non-green)  Amstrad so these graphics above blew my mind. ) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42nd

Sora - Kingdom Hearts (115 points) 

Fucking Sora. Screw him, screw his lucky emblems, and somehow he is the most tolerable voice acting to listen to out of pretty much anybody in the game. (I'm sorry, but after the first 20 hours, I just wanted him to not be shocked to his core, or offended more than a 19 year old on Walter Kaspovic's Twitter feed.)

Maybe he was better in the earlier installments when more of the dialogue had to be in text form and not spoken by a guy being cattle prodded in the rectum every time Donald or Goofy make a funny. 

(Actually the Rapunzel level is pretty fun and the Big Hero one is excellent. Winnie the Pooh can go jump off a bridge though). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

41st

Toad -Mar... Oh wait he has a game series now it's...Captain Toad: Treasure... nah fuck it... Mario. (116 points, 1 top 5) 

You either started your Mario Kart career playing Toad, or you were doing it wrong. He was the best. 

Toads are dumpy, lumbering dinosaur type creatures that are created via a process of de-evolution carried out on those who cross the all powerful King Koopa. Toads are almost all loyal to the king as they lack the brain capacity to do much more than be intimidating grunts. 

However, they are surprisingly good at the waltz, especially in crowded areas such as elevators;. 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, chasmmi said:

48th

Kreia - KOTOR (98 points,) 

Here is the winner of the highest ranked KOTOR character, some lady named Kreia. There may still be some more bioware to come, maybe even some more Bioware from galaxies far far away. But no more Star Wars.

This isn't a Bioware game. It's Obsidian.