CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

BJ! You and I most definitely have been vindicated and people now move on to doubting the legs of this film, but don't worry we shall serve crow to the naysayers every step of the way. This is awesome! Monday the crow gets handed out and hooboy I ordered a lot.

• Like 1

They are in uncharted territories. LGF isn't used to having a blockbuster, let alone something this massive. They are going by standard Sunday drops and the truth is we have no idea how much business it will do today so we can't really blame them

Crow will first be served to Mattrek, who kept saying a couple of months ago that the book's content would make it a huge struggle for it do well at the box office. Clearly, Transformers has ruined his perception on reality.

Eat crow, acne boy!

Posted Image

becasue the books are intelligent. Tweens and teens don`t have well developed taste which is why they used to have Borelando posters on the wall and now are ashamed and use them as toilet paper rolls.

Yeah this definitely isn't isn't Twilight or Harry Potter. This movie is WAY less of a niche movie and I think the legs going forward from now are gonna drive that fact home.

Crow will first be served to Mattrek, who kept saying a couple of months ago that the book's content would make it a huge struggle for it do well at the box office. Clearly, Transformers has ruined his perception on reality.

Eat crow, acne boy!

Posted Image

You're a moron. I only first posted in the hunger games thread at around page 300, which was a couple weeks back. Also I never read the books before. Thirdly bring up that quote to prove you're not lying out of your ass to make me look bad yet again.

Again, I think this is the current decades Spider-Man. That's the only comparison I see right now. Comparing this to the later Potter films or Twilight is misguided.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

Mattrek's posts in the HG under Percy Jackson thread:

I'm really not sure, Hunger Games sounds really good, but it might turn off the general movie-going public like The Road did. I'm going to say out for now though.

I really don't think the popularity of the books will turn into popularity of the films in this case.

That's very true for spreading awareness, but not everyone is going to like/want to see what they see.

It doesn't the BOT hype machine is running in overdrive right now. I'm waiting to see the first 250m prediction, which should be coming soon

Posted Image

So is there any chance that Sunday outperforms their expectations and holds better than it currently has with estimates?

All shows up until the late nights are performing at or a little below Saturday's level, however the late nights have really taken a huge fall.

All shows up until the late nights are performing at or a little below Saturday's level, however the late nights have really taken a huge fall.

Interesting or not, same thing happened here. Sold out shows during the afternoon but at night they are taking a dive compared to yesterday.

Interesting or not, same thing happened here. Sold out shows during the afternoon but at night they are taking a dive compared to yesterday.

Late nights take up less than 20% of the shows during the day, so I'm extrapolating, and saying if shows during the day are slightly less than Saturday, and Late Nights can fill up to 40-50%, we're looking at a definite sub-20 drop, at least in my area.