TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

41 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Skimming through the reviews...many say Gaga is very good but underused and her character is cast to the sidelines outside of the musical pieces. 

I'm really disappointed. 

Literally the only reason I wanted to watch this was for Gaga. Hearing her being wasted and underutilized just makes me wonder what was the point of all this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Yep, till Deadpool 4.

No way Deadpool 4 makes $1.35B+

maybe if it’s just another Deadpool and Wolverine movie, inflation could help but I doubt it because the novelty would have worn off. 

only thing I could see taking the R-Rated crown in the future is Spidey x Deadpool, but unlikely that ever gets made 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

okay there's no way Lady Fucking Gaga doesn't know this is the exact description of what a musical is. They're just trying to avoid that label like the plague as a press point then

1000% percent agree. That is an exact description of what musicals have been every since  'Oklahoma" created the modern musical back in 1943.  Not very good attmept at damage control. 

And you can't hide what a movie is once it opens. This is a musical ,folks.

That you had some people here try to downplay that just shows how uneasy some CBM fans are with this being a muscial.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

No way Deadpool 4 makes $1.35B+

maybe if it’s just another Deadpool and Wolverine movie, inflation could help but I doubt it because the novelty would have worn off. 

only thing I could see taking the R-Rated crown in the future is Spidey x Deadpool, but unlikely that ever gets made 

If Spideypool ever happens, I fully expect that to be PG-13 tbh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is not CGI heavy movie. I dont know why it was so expensive. Obviously bigger pay checks for Phoenix, Gaga and Philips. Still why so high. Could have given them backend deals based on performance. 

Hopefully not repeating things but it's spending $100M below the line in California (before tax credits) and there's more spending in New York. It's just going to be a nine figure movie even with backend heavy deals. 

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is not CGI heavy movie. I dont know why it was so expensive. Obviously bigger pay checks for Phoenix, Gaga and Philips. Still why so high. Could have given them backend deals based on performance. 

Music licensing probably. It's a jukebox musical so they have to pay for all that existing popular music. 

Sorry it's a jukebox not a musical. A brosical. 

Edited by wattage

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No way Joker 2 should be costing as much as D&W, which was a huge multiverse visual effects heavy film.

Most of Joker scenes will likely be 2 people talking to each other on rooms.

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Let's not go with this stupid parroting again, TheDarkSamurai already said it very well. And this one has nothing to do with Scorsese.

I liked 'The Joker" but it pretty obvious that Philips borrowed very heavily from "Taxi Driver",.

35 minutes ago, Eric Deetz said:

Literally the only reason I wanted to watch this was for Gaga. Hearing her being wasted and underutilized just makes me wonder what was the point of all this?

Why even call it Folie A Deux if she isn't going to have many major scenes? Seems like such a wasted opportunity.

28 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Would backfire badly imo. Andrew’s spidey I could see being R-rated, idk about Holland’s spidey though. 

No SPidey movie will be R rated, kids love Spidey too much, no studio is going to throw away that money.