TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

The issue is nobody asked for the sequel to the Joker to be a musical.

To be 'this musical"...Classic Hollywood inspired, la la Land with joker and whatever.

When they announced Gaga there were rumours about Harley being just a Singer in the clubs joker falls in love with. That kinda of thing still would have been better. People singing Sinatra as movie dialogues not. 

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, honestly i kind of respect the swing for the fences here. I´m more excited to watch it now than i was a month ago when i expected to be highly succesful but play it safe lol.

It´s more interesting to me if it´s more of a response than a sequel, but commercially is just a bad idea. Philips took a lot of money and burned in the face of the executives, and he isn´t talented enough imo to pull it off completely quality-wise. 

It´ll likely go down as a respectable idea with shaky execution that ended up managing to alienate pretty much everyone.

I think he made very clear to them what he wanted to do and they just thought "It's gonna work"

Just now, Cooper Legion said:

100M DOM looking Jokover

I knew your 75/190 prediction was an overestimate

The whole "this is not a typical CBM so therefore it will be backloaded" argument didn't make sense. That would've made sense for the first film, but not for this which is a sequel

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Knock It Off 1

honestly kinda love it since it feels like todd is telling WB and fans of the first movie to go fuck themselves for asking for a sequel and WB was dumb enough to greenlight all of it just because they thought it would be a guaranteed success after the first one made 1B

Grace Randolph [yeah i know] said there´s tons of scenes of Gaga that was on the marketing and have leaked photos of shooting that are fully missing of the movie.

This has been kind of a rumour since Venice, that for some reason Gaga role has been cut a lot. Saw some fans few weeks ago also saying she didn´t looked very happy or excited with the project like usual during the press tour, and that maybe it had to do with her role being toned down hardly in editing process. The reviews saying she´s not much in it only fueled the theory and now Grace which covers this things are saying there´s many scenes missing.

I did find it weird that she released her smash hit with Bruno Mars during the press tour for the movie, and already said she´s going to release another one right after the movie release.

12 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

I'm surprised they extensively use deleted scenes in marketing when the final cut was locked before first trailer, it's kinda dumb and misleading.

Not the first time they have done that, look at Justice League(2017).

Gaga acting career is not over as I said before but also i think it's kinda ridicolous  some people now are doing the "gaga is just a supporting actress" or "people are angry there isn't enough gaga" 🤣. When for a year and so they hyped gaga precence as the thing would have turn this into an event, when turning this into a musical with her it's probably the main "repulsive" factor for the potential core target of this.

She even made an album inspired by the role, she is in the main poster with Phoenix, she was a key point of the marketing of the movie from the moment she was announced.

Saying that now she should now just do "a normal movie". Something easy. What i mean with "easy"? Something doens't have around award hype, box office hype, cinephiles hype etc... Her acting career seems to focused to just follow that and doing "important projects" to the point people can feel there is something too imposed. Like "every 3 years i just return for these potentially huge award chasing important roles" like she is Di Caprio or Daniel Day Lewis. Even these two started with every kinda of role...this is how you create an acting career feels "real".

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Gaga acting career is not over as I said before but also i think it's kinda ridicolous  some people now are doing the "gaga is just a supporting actress" or "people are angry there isn't enough gaga" 🤣.

Everyone who actually saw it said this, what we´re supposed to do beyond talk about it? 

Everything people said prior reviews was expectations of what the movie would be, it´s not what everyone thought, it happens.

• Haha 1