TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Baffling comparison when WB dropped Snyder over an 800 million WW movie not making a billion while the studio's putting out a defense of Todd Phillips article after he's going to lose them millions but go on I guess.

It's a damage control, I highly doubt their relationship is gonna be the same privately. We'll see if WB finances his next movie.

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

It's a damage control, I highly doubt their relationship is gonna be the same privately. We'll see if WB finances his next movie.

If they wanted to throw him to the wolves they would've the way Disney did it to Nia DaCosta over The Marvels. 

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Baffling comparison when WB dropped Snyder over an 800 million WW movie not making a billion while the studio's putting out a defense of Todd Phillips article after he's going to lose them millions but go on I guess.

Ohm they will defend him, but it will be long time before they give him 200 Million to play around with again. I suspect it will be back to small/midlevel budget frilms for him for a long time

9 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I feel like Phillips probably has enough clout that this movie won’t be enough to put him in director’s jail.

present thee an early preview of...

The Joker: Folie à Deux Saga

How a billion dollar movie massively dropped the ball on a sequel.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I feel like Phillips probably has enough clout that this movie won’t be enough to put him in director’s jail.

Agree, but he might go back to Hangover level budgets until he gets another hit.

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I don't do number data tracking but I'm guessing weekdays will look like this:

Monday: ~1.1M

Tuesday: ~1.5M

Wednesday: ~0.9M

Thursday: ~0.8M

$5.4-5.6M weekend

Dang, that would be bad for Joker.

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

Agree, but he might go back to Hangover level budgets until he gets another hit.

They're gonna put him back in the comedy mines and that was the exchange for them not throwing him directly under the bus. Don't be surprised if a Hangover 4 gets announced in the next 6 months. 

12 hours ago, Opium said:

UoV64Tq.png

The House of Gucci was an underperformance. Due to its bloated budget, it failed to make money despite its somehow respectable gross. Its numbers only seem decent in the context of the pandemic (but the bar is very low). It was semi-panned by critics and won a Razzie. Gaga also famously failed to secure a BA nomination despite securing some raves and precursor nominations. 

Gaga's only success remains "A Star Is Born," in which she basically played herself. 

After the Joker catastrophe, she will struggle to secure major roles.    

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 3