TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

Lady Gaga's doing the big opening musical number for the Paris Olympics  won't hurt this film in the free publicity deparment.

And it will not cost Warners a dime...or shoud I say sou.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/27/2024 at 4:26 AM, Firepower said:

Olympics spot with some extended footage and more Gaga singing. So dark. 

Gaga singing one of Judy Garland;s most beloved numbers "Get Happy" also.

Edited by dudalb

Very very early guess:

Pessimistic Mid Optimistic
Thu 15 20 25
Fri 25 35 45
Sat 30 44 55
Sun 22 33 40
OW 92 132 165

Worst case opens close to Joker '19, maybe a bit under, and most likely 130-ish range.  350 off of an opening of 125 is a 2.8x overall multi, not bad but not amazing. The trailers are pretty great imo, and the way certain things in the zeitgeist are right now, I do think 160 is about as likely on the high side as 90 on the low side. Gonna be interesting.

Given how big Deadpool opened, I see no reason why this wouldn’t go for at least 170m OW. It’s coming off a a much bigger movie than Deadpool and with equally as huge star power. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2024 at 10:37 PM, Spidey Freak said:

Speaking as someone who watched and overall enjoyed D&W, I think this easily can still be the best CBM of the year. Don't fuck it up, Phillips. 

It would need to be a serious improvement over the first

3 hours ago, James said:

Given how big Deadpool opened, I see no reason why this wouldn’t go for at least 170m OW. It’s coming off a a much bigger movie than Deadpool and with equally as huge star power. 

Right after Deadpool 1, everyone was screaming for Deadpool and Wolverine in a film together but instead we got Deadpool 2. Deadpool 3 wasn't a typical sequel as it gave the fans something they always wanted, making it more than a typical Deadpool sequel.

Reynolds and Jackman are also far bigger movie stars than anyone in Joker 2, especially in these roles

4 hours ago, James said:

Also Joker 1 had potential to open 110-120 but people were genuinely scared something will happen during its first weekend.

For some reason, certain people here act like the first one was a 25/80/210 movie. I don't get it. With that crazy inflation J1 makes 1.4B WW or so with 2024 ticket prices.

5 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

Reynolds and Jackman are also far bigger movie stars than anyone in Joker 2, especially in these roles

Maybe they are bigger movie stars in general, but none of them crossed 800 mln worldwide on their own, Joker was much bigger than Deadpool 1-2 or Wolverine 1-3 ever were.

5 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

It would need to be a serious improvement over the first

It would need to be at least as good as the first one, serious improvement is a lot to ask when the first one holds 8.4 imdb.

Edited by Firepower