TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@TheFlatLannister do you think this has a shot at $500M DOM?

Very unlikely imo even if it had stellar reactions. Would probably need close to $170M OW to get to $500M DOM and that's not happening with how early reactions are panning out. DOM I think will be fine at the end of the day ($300M+)

OS is where i think the sizable drop comes 

58 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

First movie has a great wom and a powerful rewatch factor that drove its sales. This being a musical will absolutely affect its appeal to the younger audiences that flocked theatres the first time around. 

I don't know if you mean the musical will negatively affect sells among 18-35 demo, but that's what i've been hinting at for the past few weeks. 

So, it seems the director got the wrong idea on why people liked the first movie ( that was not loved by critics ) and then changed things for the sequel, to please critics and people who disliked the first one, at the same time alienating those who enjoyed the first flick. That seems to be a mess. It's also a freaking musical and court drama? 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I don't know if you mean the musical will negatively affect sells among 18-35 demo, but that's what i've been hinting at for the past few weeks. 

18 to 35 Male Demo, yes.

The films fanboys are really reaching to find reason to justify their earlier predictions.

Sorry,but you change predictions if new facts warrant it.

Edited by dudalb

52 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah I noticed a bit of "the movie is about criticisms of the first movie" which is almost always a bad sign 

I can see a more negative view of the Joker then the first film, as he reveals himself for the homicidal maniac he basically is, but Philips seems t have flubbed it.

8 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I don't see an RT score 8% lower than the 1st hurting this too much. WOM is more critical.

Important to note that Joker 2's score is like 30% below what the first one had at this point (right after the film festival thingy). Whether the reviews afterwards are even WORSE or better and the score improves (like Dial of Destiny/Elemental) we'll see. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I don't see an RT score 8% lower than the 1st hurting this too much. WOM is more critical.

I just think a lot of people are skeptical about the whole concept of this being a musical. People are really underestimating this. The luke warm reception will not help  in that regard.

I think a lot of people here just became too commited to the sure fire Billion dollar fiom idea, and are having problems getting awya from that.